Gap year student

What about yours?
    Well done

IGCSE - 3A* 6A
    AS - AABB
    A2 - PREDICTED AAA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaQ_mAn_)
    It says we need A-leevl certificates, i havent got mine yet, where do we get them?
    Try asking your college/sixth form for them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr_Noodle)
    Don't freak out if you haven't got an interview yet, I have friends who interviewed in February and got a place.

Re the interview, the ethical scenario is about half a page long which you read just before the interview and they will then ask you some questions on it. They won't ask you why you want to become a doctor. Instead it will be questions such as what your proudest achievement is, discuss a difficult decision you had to make, talk about a time you worked as part of a team etc. They will be looking for mature, coherent and relatively concise answers. You don't need to prepare too far in advance and try to find a way to get past the nerves so you can be yourself (this is a lot harder than it sounds so should be the main focus of your interview prep!).

If it is the same as when I did it (which it sounds like it is), you will also be given a questionnaire to answer. For this it would be helpful to read up on current health and NHS issues. The BBC news website and the Guardian are good for this. Rather than the nitty gritty, it would be helpful to have a broad and general view of this.

Good luck and enjoy it I really enjoyed my interview and made friends that day with fellow interviewees who are now F1s! As an Irish student from a school where no one else was applying through UCAS never mind to UK medical schools, I relied heavily on these forums and newmediamedicine so am happy to help anyone who has any further questions.
    Hey, thanks for the post!
    How long did you have to prepare? I'm an Irish student as well (and i don't know anyone applying to the uk at all!) i was wondering if they asked you questions on HSE issues as well? Am i right in assuming that the actual interview is only on the ethics issue and the questionnaire then asks questions such as 'talk about a difficult decision you had to make' or do those questions come up when discussing the ethical issue?

ReputationRep:
    Hi - another resit applicant here with an interview for the 28th!

(so relieved after having four rejections pre-intervew last year!)

GCSEs-5a 6a*
    Alevels-AABab ---> predicted AAA
    UKCAT-790 Band2

Anyone planning on revisiting a level work just in case?

Also just had a look at this and it seemed handy if anyone wants to have a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLxz4pCBXKo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maggienam100194)
    Hi - another resit applicant here with an interview for the 28th!

(so relieved after having four rejections pre-intervew last year!)

GCSEs-5a 6a*
    Alevels-AABab ---> predicted AAA
    UKCAT-790 Band2

Anyone planning on revisiting a level work just in case?

Also just had a look at this and it seemed handy if anyone wants to have a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLxz4pCBXKo
    i was under the impression that they will not be testing academic knowledge, so much to do in so much little time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mich32elle)
    i was under the impression that they will not be testing academic knowledge, so much to do in so much little time
    I read on their prospectus that there not lookingfor scientific knowledge rather your non acadmic qualities are key. I think confidence is most important than anything else

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mutlibd1)
    I read on their prospectus that there not lookingfor scientific knowledge rather your non acadmic qualities are key. I think confidence is most important than anything else

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have got to work on my confidence this coming week then! any tips ?

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know if there will be any interviews handed out this week?

ReputationRep:
    I have got to work on my confidence this coming week then! any tips ?
    Man I'm. A nervous reck myself lol

What else are you researching

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I am a resit candidate predicted an A*. If I got an offer would they then want A* from me?

Very nervous for the interview

ReputationRep:
    Man I'm. A nervous reck myself lol

What else are you researching

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i only started preparing 2 days ago..I'm looking at mainly ethics and looking up relevant cases to support my opinions, and looking at both current national and global health issues..I'm not sure what else to look at maybe current research.? Do you know if they ask questions on your ps?

ReputationRep:
    i only started preparing 2 days ago..I'm looking at mainly ethics and looking up relevant cases to support my opinions, and looking at both current national and global health issues..I'm not sure what else to look at maybe current research.? Do you know if they ask questions on your ps?
    Apparently they don't ask questions on your ps but inwou imagine you would need to bring it in yourself when asking questions on personal insight an all that

Yeh I'm gojng over ethics like crazy .. Not too concerns about individuals cases as we are going to be presented with 3 scenarios .. I'm also leaning about Plymouth etx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I'm coming from London and staying one night in Plymouth.
    I'm staying in the hotel where they're conducting the interview so there's no chance of being late.
    Mine's also on the 28th.

Does any know if they ask "Why Plymouth?"

ReputationRep:
    So the first half of the interview is the ethical dilemma and the questionnaire is personal experiences such as difficult decision, dealing with stress etc, so what sort of questions are in the second half?

ReputationRep:
    Just got an interview in February

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pizza King)
    Just got an interview in February

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you an international student?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammy137)
    So the first half of the interview is the ethical dilemma and the questionnaire is personal experiences such as difficult decision, dealing with stress etc, so what sort of questions are in the second half?

I thought it was first half we answer the questionnaire and then the second half will be questions on the ehtical dilemmas we were given to choose from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georginaj94)
    I thought it was first half we answer the questionnaire and then the second half will be questions on the ehtical dilemmas we were given to choose from?
    I'm sure we do the questionnaire before we're interviewed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure we do the questionnaire before we're interviewed

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, but I meant it's part of the interview process as a whole.
    The actual interview part, where we speak to the interviewer, is solely questions based on the ethical scenario (I think).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibraan.e)
    Are you an international student?
    Nope which is why I'm surprised why it's so late

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.