Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

I've just relised how marijuana works Watch

ReputationRep:
    It tends to magnify your preceding mindset and augment any actions taken thereafter. So if you were a lazy bum from the onset then you will become an even lazier bum.

if however you are truly driven, have ambition and focus it will heighten those qualities, assuming you take to the point where you can still think logically i think everyone knows where that point lies for them.

ReputationRep:
    dont do drugs kids

ReputationRep:
    Let me guess, you figured this out while high?

ReputationRep:
    This isn't anything new, it's been stated by many people that if you take weed when angry, you're likely to become hostile and maybe even violent. If you take it when happy, you'll likely to be happier. If you take it when stressed, you're likely to be stressed. Maybe not for the entire trip with some of the negatives, but almost certainly some of the time you're high.

ReputationRep:
    say NO to drugs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Be honest)
    say NO to drugs.
    I take it you don't consume alcohol/caffeine?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    nope. not a drop.

ReputationRep:
    say NO to drugs.
    why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragonfly07)
    why?
    say yes if you want to be a druggie.

btw, dragonfly, your posts are getting severly mocked in the thread entitled 'ruined everything'.

ReputationRep:
    There is probably some truth to this. When I took it relaxed I felt fatigued, when I was happy I became giddy and when I was anxious I became psychotic.

ReputationRep:
    say yes if you want to be a druggie.

btw, dragonfly, your posts are getting severly mocked in the thread entitled 'ruined everything'.
    Please can you stop stereotyping people who choose to take weed. It's ignorant, short sited and to be honest, pretty annoying.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Like anything which can be doubleedged it depends on the intentions and mindset of the person utilising it.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, it works something like this: marijuana is an inhibitory drug, meaning that when THC binds to cannabinoid receptors in the brain, it causes hyperpolarisation. This makes action potential harder (the movement of electrical impulses through neurons), which is what makes you all slugglish and causes short term memory loss.

It's not 100% accurate explanation, but it's something along those lines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IlluminatedRain)
    Actually, it works something like this: marijuana is an inhibitory drug, meaning that when THC binds to cannabinoid receptors in the brain, it causes hyperpolarisation. This makes action potential harder (the movement of electrical impulses through neurons), which is what makes you all slugglish and causes short term memory loss.

It's not 100% accurate explanation, but it's something along those lines.
    I think its more quantitative than that. This is definitely true if taken in excess but does it work that way if taken in moderation?
    as we know most active ingredients effects in herbs are dose dependant.

ReputationRep:
    say NO to drugs.
    Then say goodbye to any good music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RazaKaMazaa)
    I think its more quantitative than that. This is definitely true if taken in excess but does it work that way if taken in moderation?
    as we know most active ingredients effects in herbs are dose dependant.
    Yes. This process is what makes you high. The short term memory loss is usually just during the "trip".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    Please can you stop stereotyping people who choose to take weed. It's ignorant, short sited and to be honest, pretty annoying.
    If you take drugs, you are a druggie. Capiche? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sgt.Incontro)
    A drug is a bioactive substance that influences an individuals biochemistry. Anything we ingest; everything we eat and drink, food we buy from the supermarket also causes biochemical changes. So technically even food is a drug.

If you're looking at it from a leal point of view and are referring only to banned substancs, then who cares what the government thinks in this case? These are the same people who allow the sale of cigs and alcohol which are responsible for way more deaths than anything banned.

You need to look at something as either a positive or a negative influence in your life.
    I don't see how something can be classed as a "problem" unless someone doesn't like what they're doing, feels **** after doing it but still feels compelled to do something they don't want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sgt.Incontro)
    The term implies that it's a particular type of person. It also has negative connotations. Neither of those are fair, rational or intelligent mindsets, yet they're what you exhibit when you make such statements.

It makes you look like a bigot.

Capiche? :rolleyes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.