Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

so, my dog's eaten a condom.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    This is surprisingly common, just make sure your dog seems fine and check it's poo for the condom as it should just pass through. if you're worried about him on Monday it won't hurt to take him to the vets and get him checked out, but he should be fine.

(Original post by sugarmouse)
    My dog once ate a pair of tights-I had to get hold of one end from her bum and then stand on it and make her walk away :rolleyes:
    :eek: And I thought it was bad when my dog liked to eat socks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aptkoolaid)
    A similar thing happened to me 2 months ago. I was on my period and I had just inserted a tampon into my sacred garden (I'm religious so I'm not going to say rude words). My dog Pepper (who was in the room whilst I was doing this) was watching me keenly from a short distance away and began to wag his tail, I thought he was just frisky, but little did I know he was about to dive into my sacred garden and devour the tampon residing in there, whole. His mouth was dripping with blood and small curly hairs (don't ask). But his tail was still wagging, so I guess he was happy. He's still alive to this day, so I wouldn't worry too much.
    For the love of God, I hope you're a troll. :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pastaferian)
    According to Google, this is surprisingly common (and apparently nutritious - euwh!)
    What's nutritious - the condom or its contents after use?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syrettd)

:eek: And I thought it was bad when my dog liked to eat socks!
    She's eaten those, too. I once thought she was pooing her insides out and really panicked!I've not owned a pair of red slippersocks since!

(Original post by igloo1)
    That must've been.. an experience..
    Ah yes , I remember it fondly

Is your pooch okay, OP?

ReputationRep:
    She's eaten those, too. I once thought she was pooing her insides out and really panicked!I've not owned a pair of red slippersocks since!

Ah yes , I remember it fondly

Is your pooch okay, OP?
    Haha, im sure you do..
    And he seems fine thanks. Still an excitable little pooch, eating everything everywhere in sight.. Beagles. * sigh* Ah well, practise makes perfect i guess?
    We're gonna take him to the vets this week anyways to check on a scratching problem, so i'll pop it into conversation.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I wasn't expecting to come across this thread this morning!

ReputationRep:
    I feel sick after reading this :/

ReputationRep:
    A similar thing happened to me 2 months ago. I was on my period and I had just inserted a tampon into my sacred garden (I'm religious so I'm not going to say rude words). My dog Pepper (who was in the room whilst I was doing this) was watching me keenly from a short distance away and began to wag his tail, I thought he was just frisky, but little did I know he was about to dive into my sacred garden and devour the tampon residing in there, whole. His mouth was dripping with blood and small curly hairs (don't ask). But his tail was still wagging, so I guess he was happy. He's still alive to this day, so I wouldn't worry too much.
    The best story I have ever read!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What the **** did I just read?

ReputationRep:
    Pre-bagged poo! Perfect for walks in public places, no more scooping and bagging.

ReputationRep:
    My dog has done it a couple of times and been fine. As other people have said, look out for unusual signs and make sure it does indeed pass through in a day or so.

ReputationRep:
    It'll just *** out of the other end, don't beat yourself about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 747-400)
    My dog ate fishing line around a month ago and had to have a foot of his bowel removed, if we took him to the vets any later, he definitely would have died. Take your dog to the vets just in case but I hope he's insured. Our bill was £3k for 4 days, surgery and medication, yikes!!
    As a responsible angler and dog owner, stories like that make my blood boil I can never understand why it's so difficult to take discarded line/hooks/rubbish home after a fishing session :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Those who discard condoms in public are lowlife.

ReputationRep:

My dog once ate a pair of tights-I had to get hold of one end from her bum and then stand on it and make her walk away :rolleyes:
    Your poor dog, but srsly :rofl:

On a serious note, it makes me absolutely rage when I see hazards to dogs that people haven't discarded properly. I live in an area populated by scumbags, and the amount of smashed glass everywhere frightens me some days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 747-400)
    My dog ate fishing line around a month ago and had to have a foot of his bowel removed, if we took him to the vets any later, he definitely would have died. Take your dog to the vets just in case but I hope he's insured. Our bill was £3k for 4 days, surgery and medication, yikes!!
    Oh ****!!!! I need to insure my dog.

ReputationRep:
    Troll post gone too far. I can't imagine what repulsive person you must be like both physically and mentally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igloo1)
    Hi.
    So on our morning walk, my dog decided to find a used condom thrown in some bushes and eat it.
    What should i do? The vet's is closed today, so any advice would be helpful.
    Is this uncommon?
    Thanks!
    Is that what kids are calling it these days? :devil3:

(I think the constructive replies have already run out)

ReputationRep:
    well, unprotected sex with your dog is gonna be a no-no for now...

ReputationRep:
    did you *** though?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.