Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm really interested in the biomaterials and tissue engineering course because of how it merges physics and biology, and I heard material science lacks applicants at Imperial and that the minimum offer is AAA.

Would you say considering how academic Imperial applicants are I would be capable of getting an offer?

GCSEs: 4 A*s 8 As
    AS January Results:
    Maths: A
    Physics: A
    Bio: A
    Chemistry: B

I do all the extracurricular stuff like being a head prefect and playing rugby and so on and I have a genuine interest in science as well if that helps also.

Also do imperial care about UMS for this course like they do in Maths and so on?

Thanks for any help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FruitAndVeg101)
    I'm really interested in the biomaterials and tissue engineering course because of how it merges physics and biology, and I heard material science lacks applicants at Imperial and that the minimum offer is AAA.

Would you say considering how academic Imperial applicants are I would be capable of getting an offer?

GCSEs: 4 A*s 8 As
    AS January Results:
    Maths: A
    Physics: A
    Bio: A
    Chemistry: B

I do all the extracurricular stuff like being a head prefect and playing rugby and so on and I have a genuine interest in science as well if that helps also.

Also do imperial care about UMS for this course like they do in Maths and so on?

Thanks for any help.
    Hi, I currently hold an offer for Physics w/ Theoretical Msci and I would say that your GCSE results are probably better than mine. If you get that B up to an A in Chemistry and get a couple A* predictions (which I'd say are quite important) than I don't see why you wouldn't get in. As for the UMS, sometimes I have heard them requesting them but usually they only do for Maths and sometimes if you haven't put actual module grades on your UCAS.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific. Maybe a Materials student/applicant can help?

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.