Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Little crush on my university lecturer Watch

Ok so this topic has probably been posted a lot and most more interesting than this.
    I just can't seem to get my lecturer off my mind. It's the first time at uni that I've actually had a crush on one of my lecturers. I have a long term but long distance boyfriend so I don't want to pursue my interest. But he just has these piercing blue eyes and is sooo cute. It's coming to the end of my degree here however I'm thinking of staying for PhD so that would mean that i'd see him around the department probably much more often. This crush is stopping me from actually doing my work for the module and I think not knowing how he feels back is bugging me.
    So any advice on how to stop thinking about a guy/ stop having feeling for my lecturer.
    Or would it be better to accept that I have a crush and just never pursue it.

ReputationRep:
    If you could just accept its a crush and move on, it would be better for you and for him. Thats the reality.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Love I think it's amost guaranteed he won't like you back. You are just another one of his students. Don't be naive and get your hopes up.

ReputationRep:
    If your feelings are disrupting your work and thus potentially jeopardising your degree success then I think this has moved quite beyond a 'little crush'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Climbontoyourseahorse)
    If your feelings are disrupting your work and thus potentially jeopardising your degree success then I think this has moved quite beyond a 'little crush'.
    Good point

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I think not knowing how he feels back is bugging me.
    He doesn't feel anything, he lectures lots of people every week.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Or would it be better to accept that I have a crush and just never pursue it.
    You've answered your own question.

ReputationRep:
    For a university lecturer it is unprofessional for him/her to start a relationship with a student as they are in a position of authority so you could him into trouble. (Yep even though your both adults)

Also move on, and do not pursue it as it will most likely not and well. :-\ Sorry don't mean sound so negative.

ReputationRep:
    It's just a crush. I don't see how it's stopping you from doing your work. Don't try to fight liking him, just accept it and in time it will pass.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Think of how many people he lectures each week - it's unlikely he even knows who you are! So the chances of him having the remotest feelings for you are very small indeed. To be honest I don't really think a lecturer would see their students in that way anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Even if he did have any sorts of feelings for you, it would get him in trouble if he took action and someone found out.

ReputationRep:
    just frig yourself off at the thought of him and be done with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue n white army)
    just frig yourself off at the thought of him and be done with it.
    :lolwut:

I'm 19 and have a crush on my 24-year-old a-level teacher. I'm the only one in my class so It's even harder to focus on my lessons. We just have banter and he is more like a friend than a teacher. I know exactly how you feel as I don't want anything out of it as it will only end in tears but I can't get him out of my mind.

I'm sure the feelings will pass as they will never see us like that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.