So... I've heard back from all my universities and not had a single email or letter of acknowledgement from St Andrews.
Yet there's others with offers for the same course a couple of months ago.
I FAR surpassed the course requirements, but I lacked a second Higher science for faculty entry, applying as it said exemptions may be made by the college Dean...
Anyway, could it be that they hold back all suitable/potential applications for exemption to the end after making offers to all those that matched requirements before deciding who gets exemption from the requirements and who doesn't?
Otherwise, if it's not a case of them having just not reached my application yet, I can only presume that must be the case as surely I would have been rejected by now?
I know applicants should wait till March 31st before enquring, but it's getting to the point I will need to start looking into flats if I'm going to Edinburgh. (Of course I've still got to decide between St Andrews and Edinburgh even if I am successful, but it just makes the decision easier if I know if I'm accepted or not)
Turn on thread page Beta
Does St Andrews hold back potential applications for exemption to the end? watch talk to the uni Official Rep
- Thread Starter
- 24-03-2013 15:26
- 24-03-2013 16:21
I'm sort of the same. I have emitigiating circumstances but I'm marks (!!!) off a third A and I still haven't heard!!! (I'm on a gap year and already have my grades)
I have heard that they hold back applicants that they could/would like to take until the deadline so that students who receive offers, but dont choose St. Andrews as a firm/insurance, and therefore open up places that they then give out.
I will be so gutted if it gets to next Friday and I get a rejection!
- 26-03-2013 01:43
No, why would they?
- Thread Starter
- 01-04-2013 00:57
I think that's what they did with mine. I got notified of being unsuccessful just on Friday actually, and coincidentially they are supposed to make offers by 31st March.
"Unfortunately you were in competition with other stronger applicants after the final applicant rankings were made."
Oh well, looks like it's Edinburgh after all. That's my decision made for me and I'm not complaining Just woulda been nice to say I had been offered it!