Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey newbie here. I'm Faye, I applied for adult nursing at Coventry University and had a weird reply which I am confused about. I have a btec national diploma in animal management with grades DDM. I know many people who have accessed the course on the same or worse merits and experience than myself. However when applying and emailing the admissions dept, they advised me that they can not take student with this qualification.

When I first inquired months ago I was advised that my diploma was more than enough and no problem. This has really set me back in my plan and disheartened me. They advised me it was because working with animals is different than humans, but health care is health care and as above I have many friends who have taken the same route.

Anyway to end the essay, I am just wondering if anyone has experienced the same response or if they was successful. I need some opinions as I don't feel I am getting anywhere with Cov Uni.

Thanks, Faye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smithy88)
    Hey newbie here. I'm Faye, I applied for adult nursing at Coventry University and had a weird reply which I am confused about. I have a btec national diploma in animal management with grades DDM. I know many people who have accessed the course on the same or worse merits and experience than myself. However when applying and emailing the admissions dept, they advised me that they can not take student with this qualification.

When I first inquired months ago I was advised that my diploma was more than enough and no problem. This has really set me back in my plan and disheartened me. They advised me it was because working with animals is different than humans, but health care is health care and as above I have many friends who have taken the same route.

Anyway to end the essay, I am just wondering if anyone has experienced the same response or if they was successful. I need some opinions as I don't feel I am getting anywhere with Cov Uni.

Thanks, Faye
    I had a level 3 qualification equiv to 3 ALevels, however I was advised that I would need some level 3 quals in a science based course. The reasoning behind this is because nursing is now Bsc hons rather that BA and the degree entry rquiremnts are much more specific!
    i am so glad I did my access course in science and am doing well do far with my application

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.