Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nicolas Cage....Great actor Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am being serious. He gets loads of grief as being a terrible actor and doing terrible films but he has addictions and has no choice but to do them and you don't have to watch them.....but he has done loads of great or entertaining films which you should watch. I will list them

Raising Arizona
    Leaving Las Vegas
    The Rock and Con Air are entertaining
    Face Off
    Snake Eyes
    8mm
    The Family Man
    Matchstick Men...great film, made me cry
    National Treasure 1 n 2...who doesn't like watching these on a Sunday afternoon
    Lord of War
    The Weather Man
    Knowing
    Bad Lieutenant...hilarious film especially with the Iguanas
    Kick Ass

That is a great set of films, lots and lots of entertainment there and people say he is the worst actor ever and does the worst films.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, he is good.

Even when he's bad he's usually entertaining. He's not universally panned anyway, he got (and deserved) an Oscar for Leaving Las Vegas.

ReputationRep:
    I really like him in a lot of stuff, I have fond memories of watching Con Air every time I'd visit my cousins from the age of about 7 and it's still a great film. Face/Off, awesome, Kick Ass, double awesome. 8mm... interesting. I just wish he didn't put his name to so many films which don't stand to be anything more than tripe, it feels like he's whoring himself out and has become a go-to actor for crappy productions that need a big name to put on the movie poster. He wouldn't get half the flak he does if he was sensible and turned away that sort of job.

Now for some comic relief.

ReputationRep:
    You forgot Wild at Heart. Watch it! A lot of his films are terrible, but he can be very good. He's shouldn't be seen as just a joke although it is partly his fault.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. Especially about Bad Lieutenant.

Name:  fFrG8.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  251.5 KB

I think his lack of popularity might come from his also acting in a massive number of dreadful films. I heard that was something to do with financial difficulty though?

ReputationRep:
    What about Captain Corelli's Mandolin ? i loved that film...

ReputationRep:

GOLDEN.

ReputationRep:
    He's unfairly targeted. I love this video though.

ReputationRep:
    He is a spenderholic...just collects loads of stuff like Jacko...so needs the money.

ReputationRep:
    Sorceror's Apprentice!

But yes. Cage IS a good actor he just has a remarkable career of flat movies punctuated with brilliance.

ReputationRep:
    I watched Kick-Ass for the first time yesterday (decent film!) and didn't think much of Cage's performance.

As Big Daddy he always sounded like someone doing a bad Adam-West-style Batman impression.

ReputationRep:
    COME ON PEOPLE, SERIOUSLY...

NIC CAGE IS A FAIRLY DECENT ACTOR.

Good/Great?..don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  tumblr_mk6b3f6Di71s90blio1_1280.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  40.8 KB Name:  tumblr_mk3je2VH6p1s90blio1_1280.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  84.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    Name:  tumblr_mk6b3f6Di71s90blio1_1280.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  40.8 KB Name:  tumblr_mk3je2VH6p1s90blio1_1280.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  84.9 KB
    hahaha, I would rep, but I've seemed to run out of rep.

ReputationRep:
    He is indeed FAB

Thank you for not mentioning the awful City of Angels but bad, bad you for missing Justice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thugnificent.)
    hahaha, I would rep, but I've seemed to run out of rep.
    Have a picture of Nick Cage as a catterpie for the thought Name:  tumblr_mjz7pl7ZbP1s90blio1_1280.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  72.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thugnificent.)
    COME ON PEOPLE, SERIOUSLY...

NIC CAGE IS A FAIRLY DECENT ACTOR.

Good/Great?..don't think so.

**** that. Loads of people get best actor Oscars when they don't deserve them. He deserved his. Even if that was his only truly great role it's enough to credit him as a good actor.

That and I like guys like him and Johnny Depp that don't seem to give a **** about critics and take on loads of roles that just look fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    **** that. Loads of people get best actor Oscars when they don't deserve them. He deserved his. Even if that was his only truly great role it's enough to credit him as a good actor.

That and I like guys like him and Johnny Depp that don't seem to give a **** about critics and take on loads of roles that just look fun.
    he is a fairly decent actor, I don't judge an actor solely on one performance same way I won't judge a director/writer who has one great film for every 10 he/she makes(director of Donnie Darko,Bryan Singer etc)...GOOD actors imo are the likes of the russell crowes,phillip S Hoffmans,Tom hardy's, James Mcavoys

then you got the big guys like Pacino,Denzel,Nicholson,Daniel Day Lewis,Meryl Streep,Kevin Spacey's etc those I would call GREAT.

Nic cage is not in the league off all these people I just mentioned. leave it out mate, av' a sunday roast.

ReputationRep:
    Leaving Las Vegas is amazing, in my top 10 performances (not movies)

ReputationRep:
    Nicolas Cage is an enigma. People say he's a bad actor but I've never watched a film he's in that hasn't thoroughly entertained me. He may be the greatest actor to grace this planet.

Also, The Wicker Man is the best comedy I've ever seen.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.