Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've only just recently heard about UCL's Arts and Sciences and it sounds a brilliant course for me. However, I've already firmed English at KCL and I don't want to risk losing my place my going through extra. Will Arts and Sciences be in clearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Many Universities (especially those in the Russell Group) dont put ANY places into Clearing. Suggest you phone UCL and ask what the chances are. And remember, even if there are places in Clearing, you may not get one. Do you really want to go through all of that 'last minute' stress and possibly not get anything?

Why not cancel your UCAS application for this year and apply for the course you want, with known grades, for 2014 entry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoSpeakNewSpeak)
    I've only just recently heard about UCL's Arts and Sciences and it sounds a brilliant course for me. However, I've already firmed English at KCL and I don't want to risk losing my place my going through extra. Will Arts and Sciences be in clearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    UCL Arts & Sciences is oversubscribed therefore there it is unlikely that it will be in clearance. But if you really like the course then it might (and I mean might) be worth a risk. I left UCL and took a gap year in order to be eligible to study this course when it began this year and it was worth the risk.

But it is different for everyone and you should ask yourself if it is worth the risk.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.