Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I've been accepted too! I couldn't believe it haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFuture001)
    I've been accepted! And I'm pretty surprised too, despite how much I wanted it, at the back of my mind I felt the odds of getting in were against me.

I used to be intent on doing Physical Natural Sciences, and maining in Physics, but chemistry AS has kicked that right out of me. I'm either doing a pure Physics degree now, or Maths with Physics as Cambridge offer.
    Hahaha I'm in a similar boat, my Chemistry EMPA went terribly so I've ruled out NatSci! To be honest if I was going for Physics the Maths w/Physics option looks like a much better grounding anyway in the first year, I don't like the way they force other subjects on you in the first year for NatSci/CompSci...

Out of interest, have those of you who've got in just done AS Maths/Further Maths or A2 Maths as well? I'm assuming most people will just have done C1/2 so I'm not sure how STEP related they're going to be able to make it as beyond a few early STEP I questions and a few applied ones I've not seen much you can tackle without C3/4...

ReputationRep:
    I've just done AS maths/further maths☺

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAngusBurger)
    Hahaha I'm in a similar boat, my Chemistry EMPA went terribly so I've ruled out NatSci! To be honest if I was going for Physics the Maths w/Physics option looks like a much better grounding anyway in the first year, I don't like the way they force other subjects on you in the first year for NatSci/CompSci...

Out of interest, have those of you who've got in just done AS Maths/Further Maths or A2 Maths as well? I'm assuming most people will just have done C1/2 so I'm not sure how STEP related they're going to be able to make it as beyond a few early STEP I questions and a few applied ones I've not seen much you can tackle without C3/4...
    Ive been doing AS Maths and AS Further Maths, but pretty much self-teaching the further as there was only 2 in our school wanted to do it... our school designs the maths course so that 4 modules are studied in year 12 so by June I will have done C1, C2, S1, M1 for maths and FP1, S2, M2

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Haha, when I had first taken a look at the Nat Sci course awhile back I thought it was pretty great seeing as you have the chance to switch over what you wish to do if you change your mind. But I've discovered just how much I hate chemistry this year haha! So I think it's pointless now since I don't intend to take the computing course. I'm wondering though what I'll apply to do at other universities... (Btw what's EMPA?)

I'll just have done AS Maths and Further Maths (C1/2, S1/2 M1, FP1), I guess we'll just look at Step I questions and general problem solving skills.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, when I had first taken a look at the Nat Sci course awhile back I thought it was pretty great seeing as you have the chance to switch over what you wish to do if you change your mind. But I've discovered just how much I hate chemistry this year haha! So I think it's pointless now since I don't intend to take the computing course. I'm wondering though what I'll apply to do at other universities... (Btw what's EMPA?)

I'll just have done AS Maths and Further Maths (C1/2, S1/2 M1, FP1), I guess we'll just look at Step I questions and general problem solving skills.
    Yeah just depends on how set you are on your subject I suppose, allegedly by the end of the 3 years of NatSci Physics you're on par with the Oxford straight Physics course so god knows how much work you have to do if you're doing the whole Oxford course plus all the other subjects on top Maths at Cam and especially Warwick seems very flexible so it seems like the best choice for me given that I have absolutely no idea what I want to do afterwards!

The EMPA's the coursework unit, just like an externally marked ISA... It's only 20% of the AS but I can't see myself having got an A on it...

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected for some reason, even though I'm likely better at Maths than all of you. Dear..

ReputationRep:
    has anyone filled out the personal details form yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kfmp)
    has anyone filled out the personal details form yet?
    yes, haven't posted the code of conduct off yet though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When does the form need to be in by? I still haven't received the letter but i emailed them to see if i had got in

ReputationRep:
    Yeah just depends on how set you are on your subject I suppose, allegedly by the end of the 3 years of NatSci Physics you're on par with the Oxford straight Physics course so god knows how much work you have to do if you're doing the whole Oxford course plus all the other subjects on top Maths at Cam and especially Warwick seems very flexible so it seems like the best choice for me given that I have absolutely no idea what I want to do afterwards!

The EMPA's the coursework unit, just like an externally marked ISA... It's only 20% of the AS but I can't see myself having got an A on it...
    Yeah I think I'd die doing that, seeing as me and practical work (which I'm assuming Nat-Sci with a Chemistry option is a big chunk of!) do not go to well together. The Maths with Physics option looks really good, though my maths teacher's been implying to us that he reckons Oxfords easier to get in to so I'm having to do some thinking..

I've also messed up some of my practical work, retaking (one's the same one) two of them but not sure how I'll fare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rebecca_Marie12)
    When does the form need to be in by? I still haven't received the letter but i emailed them to see if i had got in
    Says the online application thing has to be in by 17th of May, the address is https://webservices.admin.cam.ac.uk/cbk/atfe/index.cgi - you just use the reference number they gave you in the email they sent after you applied I think (that's what I did anyway!)

The behaviour thing's not due in until 3rd June apparently, if you haven't received that yet you're in for a treat, it's hilarious

ReputationRep:
    apparently the form was supposed to have something about travel but it didn't seem to

ReputationRep:
    Says the online application thing has to be in by 17th of May, the address is https://webservices.admin.cam.ac.uk/cbk/atfe/index.cgi - you just use the reference number they gave you in the email they sent after you applied I think (that's what I did anyway!)

The behaviour thing's not due in until 3rd June apparently, if you haven't received that yet you're in for a treat, it's hilarious

Okay, thankyou:-) haha, sounds like great fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJMayes)
    I'd strongly advise you lose the sense of self-entitlement before next year, because if you get to interview it won't go down well.

(Current A2 student by the way, just browsing this thread out of curiosity)
    I'm sure Cambridge just thought he didn't need the help

(Original post by kfmp)
    apparently the form was supposed to have something about travel but it didn't seem to
    Yeah I didn't see anything in there about it, going to email the lady to see if she's got my behaviour code thing so I'll ask about it. Maybe they just book us tickets based on our address? Not sure...

ReputationRep:

Yeah, I've been accepted. I've done C3 and I'll be doing S1 and C4 in may/june.

Can someone please send me a link to the personal details form.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcRaman)
    Yeah, I've been accepted. I've done C3 and I'll be doing S1 and C4 in may/june.

Can someone please send me a link to the personal details form.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you not get the link in your letter? Well it's: https://webservices.admin.cam.ac.uk/cbk/atfe/index.cgi

ReputationRep:
    Did you not get the link in your letter? Well it's: https://webservices.admin.cam.ac.uk/cbk/atfe/index.cgi
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I take it you all got the email with the other form we needed to fill in? Seemed to answer our questions about modules/travel etc... Need to do well in these exams now or this summer school's just going to rub salt in the wound

ReputationRep:
    I take it you all got the email with the other form we needed to fill in? Seemed to answer our questions about modules/travel etc... Need to do well in these exams now or this summer school's just going to rub salt in the wound

Yeah i know! Well, good luck in your exams guys!😊

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.