Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hair loss is totally ruining my confidence, especially around girls! Watch

This is horrible, as I hate to admit this is happening - it actually pains me to write this. Basically, I am 23 and i'm losing my hair. I have been losing it since I was about 18, but I've always been able to cover it up fine with certain haircuts, but now the receding hairline is more noticeable.

It really sucks bad! I feel that this is definitely going to ruin any chance I had with girls. I am a reasonably good looking guy, but my hair is going to make me look older than I am and less attractive. I have a very good body, lean/muscular (and no, I've never taken steroids) but my hair is really makig me overly self conscious and lacking confidence. I don't even feel like talking to girls now, it's just embarrassing!

Has anyone on here had hair loss or suffering from it and, if so, what did you do to slow it down or prevent it?

ReputationRep:
    have you ever considered going for a shaved look/really short hair? it would hide the hair loss and can look really hot on some guys

ReputationRep:
    Ok I'll give it to you straight buddy.

Testosterone makes you go bald.

It also causes you to grow a large c------>k in the womb.

I have a full head of hair, I'd trade it for your affliction.

PS - we all have problems - shave it off, stop moaning and start beasting some honeys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by getaway)
    have you ever considered going for a shaved look/really short hair? it would hide the hair loss and can look really hot on some guys

Yeah, in my opinion bald is a better look than balding. Some guys look better bald than with a full head of hair, especially if you're muscular.

ReputationRep:
    My sister has alopecia, try buying one of those real Human hair wigs.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Echofoursix)
    Yeah, in my opinion bald is a better look than balding. Some guys look better bald than with a full head of hair, especially if you're muscular.
    Name:  Apples-Jonathan-Ive-in-20-001.jpg
Views: 1169
Size:  15.2 KB

Exactly this. If I start to lose my hair, and my father did, then I shall go full beans.

ReputationRep:
    I would start by going to your local GP. There are a few ways to regrow hair or at least stop hair loss. They'll give you the best information.

If you are not interested in stopping hair loss, it would be best to shave all your hair off and make it up by getting really hench

ReputationRep:
    Shave it off bro. Trust me, worked wonders for me.

my boyfriend has this problem I hardly notice it he just keeps his hair short its only noticiable if he doesnt get a hair cut but really if a girl likes you enough she wont care about your hair,

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.