Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I recently received an unconditional from Edinburgh University, but on their online offer letter I was struck by the words:

This offer is made on the basis that we consider your fee
    status on the relevant date to be Scotland fee rate. If our
    assessment of your fee status subsequently changes, then
    your application may be reassessed and your offer may be
    withdrawn.

Has anyone else ever seen something like this? Should I be concerned that my offer will be withdrawn?

ReputationRep:
    No dude. If you don't declare yourself from other country you are which you have no reason at all, it means nothing is bad about this message.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JuliusDS92)
    I recently received an unconditional from Edinburgh University, but on their online offer letter I was struck by the words:

This offer is made on the basis that we consider your fee
    status on the relevant date to be Scotland fee rate. If our
    assessment of your fee status subsequently changes, then
    your application may be reassessed and your offer may be
    withdrawn.

Has anyone else ever seen something like this? Should I be concerned that my offer will be withdrawn?
    You can find more information here. Basically, they will determine your fee status based on the information you supplied for UCAS. If it's correct, then simply accept the offer. If they've got it wrong, contact them as detailed on the linked page to get it changed.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. While I've lived in Scotland since 2005, this academic year I've been studying a foundation year at the University of Manchester, so naturally I've been living in Manchester during term time. This has been made clear at several points throughout my applicaton (i.e. in my personal statement, reference etc.) But in the details section, I've put my postal address as my Scottish address and my "area of permanent residence" as Moray, Scotland.

I'll give them a ring tommorow, but I'd be grateful for any advice in the meantime.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    I have the same message on my Unconditional offer to St Andrews. I have a slightly complicated situation having been at secondary school in New Zealand, but I have been assured by SAAS that I qualify as a 'home' student. So, its not really worrying me.
    As long as you don't do anything drastic, and you haven't lied to them at all, I don't think it should be a problem
    It might be a good idea to phone SAAS as well as the University, if you are concerned about your status.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Seems to be sorted out

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.