Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Been offered a place at Bristol for law and am pretty much stuck between there and durham
    At the moment leaning more towards Bristol but I have a couple of questions...
    firstly, i've heard bristol nightlife is really ravey and druggy and not to be judge (fine for people who are) but im just not into that sorta thing, more just bars/clubs and drinking rather than like trainer raves
    so is bristol really just for the alternative/indie's of us out there or are there more maintstream clubs/bars too
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    There's pretty much a club for anyone in Bristol

Some of my flatmates first year were only into main stream stuff and spent a lot of time in places like Syndicate (its massive, generic music and cheap drinks).

Every student, no matter how alternative they are, will always go a few nights a year to places like Bunker or Lounge (more mainstream stuff and kinda boring but you will always run into loads of people you know no matter what night of the week).

Loads of the bars/pubs are fairly generic too.

If you don't like the underground scene avoid Lakota/Basement/Blue Mountain/Motion.

The nightlife here is amazing and there is something no matter what it is you're into which is why Bristol is so fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antonia95)
    Been offered a place at Bristol for law and am pretty much stuck between there and durham
    At the moment leaning more towards Bristol but I have a couple of questions...
    firstly, i've heard bristol nightlife is really ravey and druggy and not to be judge (fine for people who are) but im just not into that sorta thing, more just bars/clubs and drinking rather than like trainer raves
    so is bristol really just for the alternative/indie's of us out there or are there more maintstream clubs/bars too
    thanks
    Idk who you heard that from but its really not true! There are tonnes of bars and regular 'chart music' clubs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can anybody recommend a good place to go (club wise) on a Tuesday in Bristol? They all seem to be shut from what I've seen!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andythorn94)
    Can anybody recommend a good place to go (club wise) on a Tuesday in Bristol? They all seem to be shut from what I've seen!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For mainstream stuff you have: Lounge (tuesday is it's main night), Po na na - vintage from playhouse, some UWE night at Bunker.

For less main stream stuff check out what Lakota/Motion/Blue Mountain/ Basement 45/ Timbuk 2 are offering (unsure what things they run on a Tuesday and Motions mainly big events)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, handy stuff We went for Lounge in the end! I saw po na na starts a new Tuesday night called jager rocks next week or something. Messaged the Bunker but they said their Tuesday night is no longer running

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andythorn94)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Went to the new night at Ponana last Tuesday called Jager Rocks, really good and dirt cheap! Free entry on guestlist and it was a quid for jagerbombs all night!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobiekenobi)
    Went to the new night at Ponana last Tuesday called Jager Rocks, really good and dirt cheap! Free entry on guestlist and it was a quid for jagerbombs all night!
    Decent! Cheapest jägerbombs I've heard of!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

Me and a few mates went to Oceania once in Bristol, twas a good night.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.