Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Sorry if this has already been posted, starting to get annoyed and need some help!

I've applied to do Child nursing to start this September, previously I have completed a childhood studies degree.

Now i know that the NHS pay my tuition fees and I applied to them for my bursary, but I was told that you were entitled to a maintenance loan from slc. When I apply though it comes up with amount awarded as £0.00 not good!

I can't find any help on their website and the phone lines are always jammed so any help would be very appreciated!
    Has anyone else sorted their maintenance loan? especially if they already have a degree?

Thank you for any help
    Kerry

ReputationRep:
    You get a reduced maintenance loan which is 1/2 of a non-means tested loan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerrym13)
    Hi

Sorry if this has already been posted, starting to get annoyed and need some help!

I've applied to do Child nursing to start this September, previously I have completed a childhood studies degree.

Now i know that the NHS pay my tuition fees and I applied to them for my bursary, but I was told that you were entitled to a maintenance loan from slc. When I apply though it comes up with amount awarded as £0.00 not good!

I can't find any help on their website and the phone lines are always jammed so any help would be very appreciated!
    Has anyone else sorted their maintenance loan? especially if they already have a degree?

Thank you for any help
    Kerry
    Hi Kerry, I've just done my maintenance loan for adult nursing and I already have a degree. My application came up as £0.00 as well when I submitted it online, but two weeks later it changed to £2324, and a few days after that I got my letter from Student Finance saying I had been awarded £2324 as expected. So just apply, it seems like eventually a human will look at your application and override the computer system with your correct loan entitlement!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah thank you so much. I'll send the application off and see what happens! Did you have to provide parents/ partners income before you could complete the application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerrym13)
    Ah thank you so much. I'll send the application off and see what happens! Did you have to provide parents/ partners income before you could complete the application?
    Nope, it only took about 5-10 minutes to fill out the form! The loan isn't means tested so no need to provide income information.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Which website did you apply for it on if you don't mind me asking? Just the regular one? I just rung student finance and they said cos I already had a loan I couldn't get funding :/

ReputationRep:
    There are exceptions to that rule. Nursing degrees being one of them.

ReputationRep:
    I am going to do mental health nursing! and ive just tried to apply through the student finance website and its asking me for income information, how did you get it to be non-income assessed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caitlin:P)
    I am going to do mental health nursing! and ive just tried to apply through the student finance website and its asking me for income information, how did you get it to be non-income assessed?
    Hi, I think there was a question asking if I wanted household income to be considered, I clicked no & it didn't ask me anything else about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had to print the forms off the website and send them off to the lea as I could not do it through the website if that's any help xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.