Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Right... I'm planing to go to uni in 2014. I'm not looking at staying at Halls and i'm not shore if I'll housing on my own or with other people yet. The place I'm looking to go is Bournemouth. Are there any landlords near to the uni that will let you keep pets. I have a Parrot. I can't leave her at home. And It'll be impossible for me to sell her (They get attached to one owner...)

ReputationRep:
    You're going to have to put it down, I'm sorry.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not doing that. I know people that rent houses who have pets. Dogs and cats. So there must be houses in Bournemouth that also let you have pets. 

ReputationRep:
    I'm not doing that. I know people that rent houses who have pets. Dogs and cats. So there must be houses in Bournemouth that also let you have pets.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, there are none at all. You must put it down immediately.

ReputationRep:
    I think you will struggle to find a landlord willing to let you have a parrot in their house. They can be very messy, noisy and destructive.

I have two parrots myself and when I go to uni my parents will look after them.

I know it is hard to loose a pet especially one as intelligent as a parrot but it may be kinder to sell him on, after all will you have time to care for him properly during your course and what will happen to him and his cage when you go back and forth from home? I think you need to seriously reconsider taking him to uni.

It is true parrots bond to one person at a time, but he will bond to the next owner as well.

Good luck.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Do you have no friends or relatives who would keep an eye on your parrot when you go to uni in the next year?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.