Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

need a job badly, help Watch

ReputationRep:
    okay so my mum is pretty much forcing me to get a job and I kind of want one tbh

I am 17 years old

How would I go about finding a summer job? I hate ringing up as I sound like a repulsive little pest

ReputationRep:
    Instead of ringing I think it's best to go into places and hand in CVs as then they get to see u in person (but be patient it took me alot of trips to get any responses!). Good luck! 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~ACJ~)
    Instead of ringing I think it's best to go into places and hand in CVs as then they get to see u in person (but be patient it took me alot of trips to get any responses!). Good luck! ������

Posted from TSR Mobile
    do you just walk in and tell them it is your CV and to get back to you?

ReputationRep:
    I just generally ask if there are any vacancies and if there are I hand in my CV and if not I just ask if they could keep my CV on record for future reference! Also apply online to some jobs- I got my job now by emailing also! 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~ACJ~)
    I just generally ask if there are any vacancies and if there are I hand in my CV and if not I just ask if they could keep my CV on record for future reference! Also apply online to some jobs- I got my job now by emailing also! ������

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ah I see

Did you email big retailers? Or small privately own workplaces?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madfish)
    ah I see

Did you email big retailers? Or small privately own workplaces?
    I emailed small privately owned ones and then applied online for the big retailers! 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.