Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

How to cook sausages quickly? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Cut them through the middle and pull both sides to make the sausage flat; more surface area, therefore less cooking time.

Top tip from Jamie's 15 minute meals
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runninground)
    I love sausages. But I don't love how long they take to cook. Sometimes I cook them on the hob, but you have to keep rolling them so they don't burn on the bit touching the pan. I've also grilled them but my grill takes about 5 minutes to get hot, and the sausages take like 15 minutes to cook (Which is quite a long time )

I found microwave sausages, which are basically like big cocktail sausages that you shove in the microwave for a minute. They are great! Not long to cook and taste great too. The downside? £2.50 for a box of 6 is a bit excessive

Can I cook normal sausages in the microwave or anything?
    Yeah you can cook them in the microwave, if you are good with electric wiring you can insert the neutral wire in one end, live in the other then plug in and hit the switch, takes 12s to cook one but rather dangerous....

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.