Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Think my girlfriend is too good for me Watch

So i've been close with this one girl for about 2 months now. We've recently got together, and I can't get rid of thoughts that she's too good for me. It's got to the stage where I actually feel bad being in a relationship with her because I feel so unworthy, and low about myself and the way I look. Advice needed.

ReputationRep:
    She is with you for a reason...don't worry about who's good for who. at the moment you are both a match for each other and that's all that matters. Focusing too much on the negatives can affect a relationship more than you think...she may be able to pick up on your insecurity and think she is doing something wrong.

try talking to her. tell her how you feel and see what she says..she might be flattered!. or if you feel like that won't work maybe ask her what she likes about you? etc...try do it light hearted though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So i've been close with this one girl for about 2 months now. We've recently got together, and I can't get rid of thoughts that she's too good for me. It's got to the stage where I actually feel bad being in a relationship with her because I feel so unworthy, and low about myself and the way I look. Advice needed.
    No one is too good for anyone or anyone too good for them.
    We don't know what is going to happen in the future, who we will be with or who we will lose. I say take life as it comes, do your best and smile.

Maybe look at my signature.

ReputationRep:
    Just think, she wouldn't be with you if you wasn't good enough for her.

ReputationRep:
    First of all, please don't feel this way! There's a reason why she is with you But seeing as though you're concerned about things like this show that you're a good boyfriend and that you care about her. You should sit down and talk to her about it. It seems hard but getting it off your chest will make the relationship a lot more happier for you. If anything, she'll take it as a compliment since you're implying she's lovely. You seem like a great guy so please don't feel low about yourself! I hope things get sorted for you Take care

ReputationRep:
    Stop doubting yourself, she obviously likes you as she wouldn't be with you.

(Original post by LISSEY)
    Stop doubting yourself, she obviously likes you as she wouldn't be with you.
    I'm 18 and she's 16...I just think that because it's her first real relationship she's just settling for me because it's one of the first times she's had this kind of attention

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 and she's 16...I just think that because it's her first real relationship she's just settling for me because it's one of the first times she's had this kind of attention
    Try to think positively & enjoy every day that you are with her as she should with you.

ReputationRep:
    Forget looks don't be so shallow, you are good enough and you can always improve. Turn this negativity around by using this energy to do positive things to make her and you happy thereby increasing your self worth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.