Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Is too much tea bad for you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrJ)
    Hi,

you probably pour the tea with hot water too soon after it's boiled. Green tea should be poured when it dropped its temperature to 70-80°C (you don't have to buy special thermometers, just leave it for like 3 mins and then pour it) . And after another 2-3 mins remove the tea bag/tea leaves from your cup. Also, buy some quality loose tea, not the mixture of who-know-whats they tend to sell in bags (branded tea in bags would be ok imo). The bitter taste occurs because the tea leaves are boilt (destroyed basically) and it starts to release tannin (as I've heard). This is for green tea, when you prepare black tea you can pour it straight after it was boilt. But, personally I don't like black tea, it's basically green tea that is removed from all the beneficial stuff.
    Hope this helped.
    Hm, thats helpful. I will try leaving the water for a bit and see. If it works and I like it - consider yourself "the bestt!" lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ani45)
    Hm, thats helpful. I will try leaving the water for a bit and see. If it works and I like it - consider yourself "the bestt!" lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Haha, let me know.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    Tea ain't have any side effect. Specially green tea...

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.