Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone here that got into UWE through insurance choice and were allocated accommodation in the student village/marketgate? I'm still unsure whether I'll make UWE my firm or insurance choice, and I was just wondering the chances of those who miss out on their firm and get into UWE through insurance getting student village/marketgate accommodation. Mainly due to the fact I wouldn't wanna go to the uni if I was given accommodation on Glenside/St Matts etc.

thanks in advance xo

ReputationRep:
    I don't, but I know people who didn't even get SV accommodation and they put UWE as their firm. They took a year out and applied again because they felt the same as you

But people always drop out or decide they don't want to live in SV, my friend said after freshers there's always about 10 or more rooms free in SV. So you could find a place to live temporarily and then move in when there's a space

ReputationRep:
    My friend went there through her insurance and got what I believe to be a student village accomodation, (the flats by the tennis courts, en suites) so I wouldnt think too much about it, as said above there'll probably be free rooms a few weeks in

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Usually, no, halls are allocated to Firmers. But what happens is, there's usually a few rooms that go empty if their tenants decide to drop out last minute/didn't meet their UCAS offer.

Nothing guaranteed for SV.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.