Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Heyy
    So I'm lucky enough to get offers to study pharmacy in Sept 2013 and I'd love to go to either UEA or Bath, but I'm undecided? I've visited them both and I really liked Bath city, but I'm from London and I'm worried the 'student life' won't be as good as UEA. From what I've read, everyone keeps saying Bristol is really close by, but are students really bothered travelling?

Bath, as a Uni, has probably got a better reputation than UEA, but UEA is better for the course.

Thoughts? Let me say that I KNOW you shouldn't pick a uni based on the Nightlife, and I love both the Uni's, I just thought I'd ask and hope maybe some students could give their opinion?

Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dressiedress)
    Heyy
    So I'm lucky enough to get offers to study pharmacy in Sept 2013 and I'd love to go to either UEA or Bath, but I'm undecided? I've visited them both and I really liked Bath city, but I'm from London and I'm worried the 'student life' won't be as good as UEA. From what I've read, everyone keeps saying Bristol is really close by, but are students really bothered travelling?

Bath, as a Uni, has probably got a better reputation than UEA, but UEA is better for the course.

Thoughts? Let me say that I KNOW you shouldn't pick a uni based on the Nightlife, and I love both the Uni's, I just thought I'd ask and hope maybe some students could give their opinion?

Thanks!!
    I had offers from both...I picked uea at the end just for the singular fact that its better for the course. Nightlife was just a bonus. When picking unis, look at the individual course ranking, those are the ones employers look at the most.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had this problem last year! I'm at UEA now, and a few of my friends here had the same dilemma, but the course is brilliant and it just felt like home here which is mainly why I chose it, also because it's an amazing city and cheaper to live in so I thought I'd be able to take more advantage of the student life here than I would at Bath.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone always worries that Bath doesn't have enough nightlife.

There are 7 or 8 clubs in town, and basically you know where you're going depending on what day of the week it is (when each club has their student night). It has the advantage that you always bump into people you know when you're out. And the nightlife here is cheap - £5 or less is the usual price for entry.

ReputationRep:
    I'm at UEA too and its fantastic in every way (and I'm not just saying that haha). I too had offers from both unis but chose UEA not only for the teaching, the staff and the brilliant course (we have been re-accredited for a further 6 years by the GPhC, with no recommendations of change) but for the university/Norwich as a place, the societies and the general friendly feel.

I can guarantee you will not regret choosing UEA. You'll have the time of your life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkuhQLAWYO4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Courtenayyy)
    I'm at UEA too and its fantastic in every way (and I'm not just saying that haha). I too had offers from both unis but chose UEA not only for the teaching, the staff and the brilliant course (we have been re-accredited for a further 6 years by the GPhC, with no recommendations of change) but for the university/Norwich as a place, the societies and the general friendly feel.

I can guarantee you will not regret choosing UEA. You'll have the time of your life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkuhQLAWYO4

Ahhh, I'm still TORN!! Is there a particular reason why you rejected Bath, or did you just prefer UEA in general?

ReputationRep:
    Heyy

Thanks!!
    Not sure why you think UEA has a better pharmacy course? UEA may score higher than Bath in the pharmacy and pharmacology league tables but that's because Bath offers pharmacology and UEA doesn't, which pulls their overall stats down.

Bath is an excellent school of pharmacy with a longstanding reputation. At the end of the day pharmacy is mainly about what you do, not where you go, but if it comes down to it some schools have reputations for producing better pharmacists and employers are aware of this. Nightlife at Bath is fine, you will not miss out on that front.

Go to the uni you preferred, you have to spend 4 years there after all.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh, I'm still TORN!! Is there a particular reason why you rejected Bath, or did you just prefer UEA in general?
    Just in general really. I got a really good feeling when I visited UEA, I just knew that's the place I wanted to spend 4 years of my life.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.