Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If someone came unto you and said which of these two laptops you want for free, which one would you take.

Macbook pro 13 inch mid 2012 (baseline non retina)
    OR
    Macbook Air 13 inch mid 2012 (baseline)

I'm talking about the £1000 models.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HK786)
    If someone came unto you and said which of these two laptops you want for free, which one would you take.

OR

It depends on what I was doing with it. If I was just doing basic stuff when I was away from my desktop, I'd take the Air for its smaller profile and zippy solid state storage. If I wanted a laptop that was more of a workhorse machine to be my primary computer, I'd take the Pro for the more powerful CPU, more robust selection of I/O, significantly larger storage and the potential to upgrade the hard drive and RAM at a later date.

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely had the same choice, but luckily for me I have a desktop mac too.

I went for the MacBook Air, it is so light and I love the idea that I can effortlessly carry it round with me, but ultimately it is what you need it for. MacBook Air is ridiculously quick. I had a MacBook Pro previously, and would choose the Air anyday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HK786)

OR

I can't really speak for the macbook air, but I have the macbook pro myself. And I absolutely love it. It has my highest recommendations.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Depend on what do u work, but always i like to ultra book...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.