Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone,

I'm currently a First year UG at University of Surrey studying Physics (Bsc).

Next year I'll be moving out of halls and into a student house with some of my current flatmates.

I haven't heard much about the second year of university and I'm a bit concerned about whether I'm going to be able to cope next year.

My question is: what is the second year of university like compared to the first year?

I appreciate responses from anyone and everyone but people doing phyics degrees (especially at Surrey) will be much help.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I found the step between 1st - 2nd year a big transistion in terms of studying and knowledge needed then the 2nd - 3rd year.

I'm sure you will be able to cope, just read up over the summer holidays and keep up with additional reading from your lectures and keep the grades up and I'm sure you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    it's a step up, definitely, but only a small one ! You get out what you put in like in most academic fields, I'm in my final two months now and feel more pressure then I did in the first two combined. That's just my op x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.