Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

why does every guy do this to me? so annoyed Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domg1994)
    that's easier said than done to be honest
    If someone falls for everyone they meet then it just shows how easily pleased they are. It's no wonder they get crap boyfriends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)
    If someone falls for everyone they meet then it just shows how easily pleased they are. It's no wonder they get crap boyfriends.
    but some people find it more difficult to see that. If people weren't horrible in the first place then there wouldn't be a problem. Some people just feel like they need to be attached to someone, it can't always be helped; it's just a case of finding the right person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domg1994)
    but some people find it more difficult to see that. If people weren't horrible in the first place then there wouldn't be a problem. Some people just feel like they need to be attached to someone, it can't always be helped; it's just a case of finding the right person.
    Then that is the OP's first lesson.

ReputationRep:
    OP, there is your answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    You can read Im sure. Just go back though your comments.
    I checked. I didn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)
    To take this from Urban Dictionary - "A tool that will do anything to be the center of attention and be the dominant male. A phony act insecure people put on."

Pretty much that. They tend to act more aggressive, pick fights and generally act like dicks. They'll be louder, ruder and cruder. And much more irritating.
    Extremely strong definition of alpha.

Simply put in the most primitive terms an alpha is a leader. The description of an 'alpha' which you gave [Also strong source in urban dictionary] does not in any way make that person an alpha. More like an idiot. Real alphas don't demand centre of attention and neither do they put on a phony act.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Classical Liberal)
    The people who say "I won't change myself" are usually massively up themselves or very lazy. Your personality is not a rigid structure, you can work on it and improve it. The people who don't are narcissistic or lazy.
    Totally agree with this. Might I add to this list 'afraid to change'. I've never got why people who are told they have to make changes to be more attractive to the opposite sex get so adamant that 'people should like me for who I am'.

When you are a kid, you get told not to be so selfish, to think about others, treat others the way you treat yourself. We're not trying to create a perfect race of humans but why does the idea of behaving a certain way in order to forge basic reciprocal human relationships go out the window when the person happens to be a member of the opposite sex?

I would bet that most of the 'nice' guys and girls on here use the fact that 'girls/boys should like me for who I am' to justify being afraid to take a positive step. If your parents told you not to be so selfish, like mine did when I was about 12/13, would you listen if you realised that people think worse of you because you are, in fact, an incredibly selfish person?

But no, when you're chasing a boy/girl they have to like you 'for you'. This is total rubbish, people who think this are either naive or ignorant of a relationship dynamic. If you're such a great person, then why are you so arrogant that you shouldn't have to change at all?

Nobody goes through life the same person at 16 as they are at 21. Therefore, the human personality is by definition, constantly changing. If you're smart, you'll try make changes to make you better instead of just drifting through life waiting for good changes to happen to your personality without you noticing so that you can claim you never changed for a girl/boy.

In a relationship, you start off far apart, regardless of how much you think you have in common. Then as the relationship continues, you get closer, and you become closer to what your partner wants you to be, and your partner becomes closer to what you want them to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spanish_sahara)
    Why do women have to change themselves to get a boyfriend? Surely if someone really has the potential to love you then they will love you for yourself - not for some fake personality or polished appearance that isn't natural for you. You want a meaningful relationship? Don't change yourself and be patient and wait for the right person to come along. Then they'll accept you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Jesus H Christ. Im so sick of seeing useless advice like this pop up.

If something doesnt work, FIX IT! Dont just sit back and do nothing! Stand back, take an objective view - FIND THE PROBLEM.

Its irritating how different the male and feminine approach to dating has become. Men will often leap at the chance for self improvement, Women often spam "OH DNT WORRY BB GURL U R SEXXI JUST TEH WAY U ARE WAIT FOR D RITE PRINCE" at each other.

Yeah, theres definately a prince out there for your 20 stone unwashed monster ass out there, but hes 1 in 6 billion. Dont you want better odds than that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Extremely strong definition of alpha.

Simply put in the most primitive terms an alpha is a leader. The description of an 'alpha' which you gave [Also strong source in urban dictionary] does not in any way make that person an alpha. More like an idiot. Real alphas don't demand centre of attention and neither do they put on a phony act.
    As a true "alpha", I can categorically state that we are in the tiny minority of males. A true alpha isnt defined by being the loudest or the most brash - In fact, Id say a more revealing face of the alpha is the ability to accept a more submissive "beta" like approach when faced with passion or knowledge of a specific subject greater than his... But anyway :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spanish_sahara)
    Why do women have to change themselves to get a boyfriend? Surely if someone really has the potential to love you then they will love you for yourself - not for some fake personality or polished appearance that isn't natural for you. You want a meaningful relationship? Don't change yourself and be patient and wait for the right person to come along. Then they'll accept you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    the person quoted listed common character flaws associated with the relationship problems listed in the OP. Nobody needs to change, but at the same time if you if you do the same thing all the time you shouldn't expect the results to change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Had to reply to this because it couldnt be further off the mark!

I am happily single and I am talking about a few specific guys who I have got close to- probably only 2. What Im talking about is that generally men dont seem interested in relationships with me (which im not bothered about at that moment, because I am happy single). Im just bothered because I dont want to be considered not relationship material when I am.

With this guy, I really felt a spark with him which is why I do like him. But still, I am unsure of if I would have a relationship if he asked because I just dont know if thats what I want. But I dont get why he tells me he does want 1 and then changes his mind and so on.

What Im saying is i DONT want a relationship with the guys that I attract (apart from the 2 i briefly mentioned- i think). But Im always getting dropped by guys generally and they never seem to see me as relationship material.
    I'm sorry, but it's definitely something you're doing. When every guy you talk to reacts the exact same way displaying the exact same patterns, I think it'd mean it's less of what the guys are doing and more of what you do. Really look and evaluate yourself and try to be honest.

Take this analogy as an example, I'm not saying it's you btw.

Guy sees attractive girl sitting at a park bench by herself. He goes to approach her and sits by her, soon after he realises her breathe smells like **** and quickly makes an excuse to leave. In the course of the day, 4 more guys do this.
    Girl goes on TSR and makes a thread complaining about it saying "why do all guys do this? Its really annoying!"

Think.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.