Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I was having a think about something that once happened. The exact background is a complicated, but basically, I can remember essentially telling a girl I would like to be more than friends with her.

She said she wouldn't go out with me, giving a list of specific reasons, basically things that would be obstacles.

It doesn't really matter now what happened, but I was thinking about this and I can't help but help but feeling her giving logical reasons, 3 in fact, all of which were genuine and significant obstacles to anything happening, might have been a strong indicator that she did definitely like me, and quite likely had there not been these obstacles I would have had every chance with her. There was no talk of her feelings.

I just wondering what people think on the basis purely of the information I have given.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I was having a think about something that once happened. The exact background is a complicated, but basically, I can remember essentially telling a girl I would like to be more than friends with her.

She said she wouldn't go out with me, giving a list of specific reasons, basically things that would be obstacles.

It doesn't really matter now what happened, but I was thinking about this and I can't help but help but feeling her giving logical reasons, 3 in fact, all of which were genuine and significant obstacles to anything happening, might have been a strong indicator that she did definitely like me, and quite likely had there not been these obstacles I would have had every chance with her. There was no talk of her feelings.

I just wondering what people think on the basis purely of the information I have given.
    I don't know it could have either meant that she was making up excuses because she just genuinely wasn't interested, or like you said she might have liked you and gave it a go without the obstacles.

Let me tell you this much, there was a while I had not made any moves because of circumstance making it a very risky thing to do, by time I felt I could make a move, she had a got a BF, that was one of the 3 reasons.

To be honest, I know there was a time when she most definitely liked me, but like I was thinking, and I kind of wondered whether she still liked me, we were quite friendly at the time in any case.

I think her getting a BF might have even been a reaction because of timing to me making her think by mistake I was non available.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.