Turn on thread page Beta

Is this is a sign a girl is attracted watch

I was having a think about something that once happened. The exact background is a complicated, but basically, I can remember essentially telling a girl I would like to be more than friends with her.

She said she wouldn't go out with me, giving a list of specific reasons, basically things that would be obstacles.

It doesn't really matter now what happened, but I was thinking about this and I can't help but help but feeling her giving logical reasons, 3 in fact, all of which were genuine and significant obstacles to anything happening, might have been a strong indicator that she did definitely like me, and quite likely had there not been these obstacles I would have had every chance with her. There was no talk of her feelings.

I just wondering what people think on the basis purely of the information I have given.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I was having a think about something that once happened. The exact background is a complicated, but basically, I can remember essentially telling a girl I would like to be more than friends with her.

She said she wouldn't go out with me, giving a list of specific reasons, basically things that would be obstacles.

It doesn't really matter now what happened, but I was thinking about this and I can't help but help but feeling her giving logical reasons, 3 in fact, all of which were genuine and significant obstacles to anything happening, might have been a strong indicator that she did definitely like me, and quite likely had there not been these obstacles I would have had every chance with her. There was no talk of her feelings.

I just wondering what people think on the basis purely of the information I have given.
    I don't know it could have either meant that she was making up excuses because she just genuinely wasn't interested, or like you said she might have liked you and gave it a go without the obstacles.

Let me tell you this much, there was a while I had not made any moves because of circumstance making it a very risky thing to do, by time I felt I could make a move, she had a got a BF, that was one of the 3 reasons.

To be honest, I know there was a time when she most definitely liked me, but like I was thinking, and I kind of wondered whether she still liked me, we were quite friendly at the time in any case.

I think her getting a BF might have even been a reaction because of timing to me making her think by mistake I was non available.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2013

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.