Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing lots of uni work atm and my brain is a bit stressed out, so I need some simple, not have to think too hard escapism!! Post your favourite girly, holiday type book

ReputationRep:
    Bridget Jones. Duh.

ReputationRep:
    You Had Me At Hello by Mhairi McFarlane is a good read. And cheap on Amazon as well which is always a plus!

ReputationRep:
    The Fountainhead - Ayn Rand.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    You should try the Confessions of a Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella. There are 6 books in total and i loved them all

ReputationRep:
    A book with a pastel shaded cover written by someone such as Cecilia Ahern or Lucy or such like. You don't see them as often on the tube now with Kindles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pandabird)
    I'm doing lots of uni work atm and my brain is a bit stressed out, so I need some simple, not have to think too hard escapism!! Post your favourite girly, holiday type book

'Bad Girls Finish First' by Shella Dansby Harvey

ReputationRep:
    I shall be looking into these! Thanks guys.

ReputationRep:
    A Place Called Here by Cecelia Ahern. Or After You Were Gone by Maggie O'Farrell.

ReputationRep:
    The fault in our stars by John Green, massive guilty pleasure for me.

ReputationRep:
    This might not be classed as an "easy" read but you should really read One Day by David Nicholls. It is seriously one of the best books I've ever read and it was turned into a film recently with Anne Hathaway and some attractive guy whose name I can't remember

ReputationRep:
    I really liked the "Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants" It's an easy read, set in America (don't worry they're not passing knickers around!) about four best friends who are going their separate ways but share experiences through letters and a pair of jeans. I'm not doing it justice but it's pretty good. It's a story spanning over four books. Also made into a film.

Any Sophie Kinsella book or Madeleine Wickham (another pen-name she writes under).
    More books below

http://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/girly-books

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~)
    You should try the Confessions of a Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella. There are 6 books in total and i loved them all
    These. They are also absolutely hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    The Iliad. In the original ancient Greek.

ReputationRep:
    Jessie Jones 'Rubbish Boyfriends', and Paul Reizin 'Date expectations' - this one is just hilarious and made me laugh to myself in public places so I was getting loads of weird looks
    Not so light but very nice is ' Geisha of Gion' by Mineko Iwasaki

ReputationRep:
    if you are looking for girly books then authors like Louise Basgishawe and Katie Agnew books are my go to.
    Love wives vs girlfriends from katie Agnew
    and pretty much everything from Louise

ReputationRep:
    Anything by Marian Keyes. "Anybody Out There" and "Rachel's Holiday" are my favourites.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.