Turn on thread page Beta

What colour shoes to wear with a pink dress? watch

ReputationRep:
    It's a short satin cocktail dress I'm wearing to a uni medics' ball. Need a new pair of heels to go with it but it's pink which I don't usually wear so no idea what to pick - advice please?

ReputationRep:
    I'd wear high black strappy shoes or matching pink shoes to the dress.

ReputationRep:
    Black, it will never go wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezekiella)
    It's a short satin cocktail dress I'm wearing to a uni medics' ball. Need a new pair of heels to go with it but it's pink which I don't usually wear so no idea what to pick - advice please?
    Black would be the easiest/simplest.

Silver would work too.

And if you want something a bit different you could go for turquoise, the two colours work surprisingly well together.

I personally wouldn't go for pink as I think it might be a bit too much pink and it will probably be very hard to get a pair that match the dress colour exactly.
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone would gold (like gold sequin heels) be a good choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezekiella)
    Thanks everyone would gold (like gold sequin heels) be a good choice?
    It would look okay if you never over loaded with the gold and kept everything else quite simple.

You don't wanna look tacky

ReputationRep:
    Gold could work, it's not like you're wearing a gold dress too. So I don't think it would look tacky at all. Also consider nude heels a la the Duchess of Cambridge "Kate". Nude heels are a classic staple piece.

ReputationRep:
    A nude or black simple heel, the dress is pink so adding a gold sequin heel may make your outfit quite 'loud' a simple shoe is good enough to make you stand out without over doing it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i would either go for cream or black!!!!

ReputationRep:
    black or nude.

ReputationRep:
    White canvas high top converse.

Posted from TSR iPad

ReputationRep:
    High heels in either light pink, white, black or possibly silver.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.