Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

What colour shoes to wear with a pink dress? Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's a short satin cocktail dress I'm wearing to a uni medics' ball. Need a new pair of heels to go with it but it's pink which I don't usually wear so no idea what to pick - advice please?

ReputationRep:
    I'd wear high black strappy shoes or matching pink shoes to the dress.

ReputationRep:
    Black, it will never go wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezekiella)
    It's a short satin cocktail dress I'm wearing to a uni medics' ball. Need a new pair of heels to go with it but it's pink which I don't usually wear so no idea what to pick - advice please?
    Black would be the easiest/simplest.

Silver would work too.

And if you want something a bit different you could go for turquoise, the two colours work surprisingly well together.

I personally wouldn't go for pink as I think it might be a bit too much pink and it will probably be very hard to get a pair that match the dress colour exactly.
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone would gold (like gold sequin heels) be a good choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezekiella)
    Thanks everyone would gold (like gold sequin heels) be a good choice?
    It would look okay if you never over loaded with the gold and kept everything else quite simple.

You don't wanna look tacky

ReputationRep:
    Gold could work, it's not like you're wearing a gold dress too. So I don't think it would look tacky at all. Also consider nude heels a la the Duchess of Cambridge "Kate". Nude heels are a classic staple piece.

ReputationRep:
    A nude or black simple heel, the dress is pink so adding a gold sequin heel may make your outfit quite 'loud' a simple shoe is good enough to make you stand out without over doing it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i would either go for cream or black!!!!

ReputationRep:
    black or nude.

ReputationRep:
    White canvas high top converse.

Posted from TSR iPad

ReputationRep:
    High heels in either light pink, white, black or possibly silver.

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.