Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ladies - how do you control your pms anger? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So ive never gotten excessively angry before or during my period, but this time genuinely i feel like i want to scream, shout and kill someone.

Ive started to lose my temper massively today with my boyfriend (although i think i would have been angry anyway) and i dont want the next week to be like this, so does anyone have any relaxation tips and ways of keeping the anger down?

Much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    I have a punch bag, and an exercise bike. If I tire myself out and do it through a positive outlet such as exercise - you could go for a run (or a walk if you're not that way inclined; I exercise with loud music blasting as well. Loud dance or metal or hard rock) then you've gotten out your anger AND burned some calories. Result.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imidorotheah)
    I have a punch bag, and an exercise bike. If I tire myself out and do it through a positive outlet such as exercise - you could go for a run (or a walk if you're not that way inclined; I exercise with loud music blasting as well. Loud dance or metal or hard rock) then you've gotten out your anger AND burned some calories. Result.
    That actually sounds like fun! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kunoichi)
    So ive never gotten excessively angry before or during my period, but this time genuinely i feel like i want to scream, shout and kill someone.

Ive started to lose my temper massively today with my boyfriend (although i think i would have been angry anyway) and i dont want the next week to be like this, so does anyone have any relaxation tips and ways of keeping the anger down?

Much appreciated
    Learn to channel your aggression.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TemporaryTSRian2)
    Learn to channel your aggression.
    How many times have i told you to google the word hypocrite now?

Anyway I find it adorable you're following me around Tsr, it's like i've gained a puppy or something.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently you should avoid alcohol before and after your period and cut on the caffeine ! Exercise and a proper, healthy balanced diet also helps. My problem lies less with anger tbh and more with extremes of laughter/sadness; I just start crying excessively for no apparent reasons (in school many times as well haha) and over tiny things (i.e I was arguing with one of my mates regarding Syria because he was saying it was pointless sending aid to Syria and I just burst out crying because we are all so "selfish". As soon as I realized why I was crying, I started laughing uncontrollably and a teacher in the corridor who witnessed all of this felt like I needed to be referred to the school therapist looooooooooooooooooooool. It was embarrassingly funny and everyone still goes on about it but tbh, as a girl, this is inevitable and your boyfriend should know this and be understanding.

ReputationRep:
    In a way this is positive, you ladies are getting plenty of exercises for anger management and how to manage it.. that could be the reason why women tend to be more mature in general.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I take that back.. you women are bat**** crazy.

ReputationRep:
    I just said the above because humans tend to love being called crazy.. because then they.. stand-out, are different. Pathetic, really.

ReputationRep:
    Get your act together woman!

ReputationRep:

Much appreciated
    ....I don't

Not but seriously, I count to ten. Breathe deeply and remove myself from contact with other people because by holding in the anger, I get annoyed easily.

ReputationRep:
    If possible I take myself away from the situation eg. go lie down or go out for a walk for half an hour or so. If I can't I just take deep breaths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can I point out that I opened this thread over a year ago?
    But thank you for the advice

ReputationRep:
    Can I point out that I opened this thread over a year ago?
    But thank you for the advice
    Opps didn't notice the date, sorry. It just came up in recent threads

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemmam)
    Opps didn't notice the date, sorry. It just came up in recent threads

Posted from TSR Mobile
    aha i know, one of the posters above is randomly following me around the place and decided to open it up again

ah well - maybe it will help someone else now!

ReputationRep:
    aha i know, one of the posters above is randomly following me around the place and decided to open it up again

ah well - maybe it will help someone else now!
    Strange :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.