Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've applied in both universities for International relations and Politics, but I can't decide which one to choose. I've heard that Sheffield is more respected on international level while Bath seems better within the UK. I am really having a hard time with these two so any help is appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield is top for research in Politics, although that doesn't really matter at UG-level too much. However, they both offer a very very different university experience.

Bath is a campus uni where you need to take a bus to get to the city centre (which isn't exactly big, although it is lovely and pretty). Sheffield isn't a campus university, an it's within walking difference from the city centre. Sheffield is also cheaper.

I can also imagine the modules are somewhat different, so you should really weigh up this as well.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your reply. I think I'm inclining more towards sheffield now. It seems like the better place to be considering the lower costs and that it's in the city. I am only concerned about it's reputation. It dropped down since previous years according to UK university rankings, though you can't really trust them can you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pe6o32)
    Thank you for your reply. I think I'm inclining more towards sheffield now. It seems like the better place to be considering the lower costs and that it's in the city. I am only concerned about it's reputation. It dropped down since previous years according to UK university rankings, though you can't really trust them can you.
    Yeah, rankings are ridiculous. I don't think either will open any more doors than the other, it depends on what environment and course suits you most

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.