The Student Room Group

Economics applicant thread UCAS 2014

I know its early but the same thread for 2013 was made in march last year. Post what grades you think you're going to get get and what universities your are currently considering.

I am currently looking at UCL ,Nottingham or Bath and am hoping to get A*AA at A2 with AAAB being achieved at AS. I think LSE Oxford and Cambridge are a bit out of my reach
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is noone else applying then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Little early considering your applying for 2014
Reply 3
Open days are coming up soon so we need to think about where we're going to go. And the same thread was created this time last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Aiming for AAB if I can! Reading, buckingham, surrey, Southampton and somewhere like queens or city - so undecided!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
You can get in to LSE with
a*aa! That's my aim anyway, with city being my second choice if I don't get in :smile: (aaa required) - hopefully gonna get that a*aa!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Lameesh
a*aa! That's my aim anyway, with city being my second choice if I don't get in :smile: (aaa required) - hopefully gonna get that a*aa!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know but its so competitive and by the looks of it most people who get offered are predicted more than 1 A* or doing more than 3 alevels. Might give it a go though, got nothing to lose

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Lameesh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most applicants who receive offers from LSE for L101 (and even a significant proportion of those who are rejected) are predicted 3/4 A*s. Trust me A*AA will not be enough
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Jkizer
Aiming for AAB if I can! Reading, buckingham, surrey, Southampton and somewhere like queens or city - so undecided!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you thought about places like Sheffield or Manchester, both AAB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Lameesh

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also do not do further maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by keith111
Have you thought about places like Sheffield or Manchester, both AAB

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thought of yeah, but i live in bournemouth area and parents dont want me more than 3 hours away haha =)
Reply 11
Original post by Jkizer
Thought of yeah, but i live in bournemouth area and parents dont want me more than 3 hours away haha =)

Ha fair enough good luck in your as exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also want to apply for economics at LSE, cambridge, ucl :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 13
I also do not do further maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah neither do I :/ in the open day a few days ago a woman said 85% of people who apply have further maths at least as, were considerably disadvantaged :frown: possibly trying to aim for a*s in another subject or two and have an amazing personal statement could help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Could possibly be joining this thread next year..
Is noone else applying then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by CD315

reapplying with your 4 A*s :wink:
Original post by CD315

Like a bawwwws
Reply 18
Original post by tooambitious
Like a bawwwws

Original post by Boy_wonder_95
reapplying with your 4 A*s :wink:

:tongue:
Original post by CD315
:tongue:

If you don't get into Cambridge I will be very :unimpressed:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad

Quick Reply