Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ariza96)
    Hey guys, do u know which university is better for economics, Bath or Bristol? Got offers from both and can't decide which one I should go for. And for those applying to Warwick, have u guys received any offers yet? I'm still waiting for Warwick. Fingers crossed
    In my opinion, if you compare Bristol and Bath w/ placement year then it's pretty much impossible to split them apart. I spent ages weighing the pros and cons of the two and in the end I went with Bristol. The course was more interesting in my opinion and if I thought about it, without the placement year Bath didn't appeal to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)
    Congratulations, looks like you've got yourself an offer
    I just got that email! Had to read it about 7 times to understand it! Am so happy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NewtoTSR)
    I just got that email! Had to read it about 7 times to understand it! Am so happy!
    Congratulations to you too! I'm so jealous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)
    Congratulations to you too! I'm so jealous
    Haha, I'm sure it will come for you. For anyone who received the email, does this mean we have an interview?

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!
    When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplemind)
    Congratulations!
    When did you apply?
    Thank you! And on the 14th October

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! And on the 14th October
    T T applied on 13th
    Haven't received any offer from my five choices including UCL.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on your offer!

I just received the email about UCL too but it's on the day of my target 2.0 regional heat so I'm probably going to have to change date.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I
    (Original post by runjennyrun17)
    T T applied on 13th
    Haven't received any offer from my five choices including UCL.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What are your other choices?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coombsy)
    Just received this information via email regarding my application to UCL:

'I intend to recommend that an offer be sent to you through UCAS in the near future. Before such an offer can be made and communicated, however, it is a UCL requirement that you attend an Open Day in the Economics Department.'

'I am afraid that if we have not heard from you [regarding Open Day attendance] by the deadline of Friday 22nd November 2013, we shall have to withdraw our intention to make you an offer.'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aww, I have to prepare slides for Target 2.0 for tomorrow on wages, consumer & business confidence and investment. I don't have motivation to that at all today.

ReputationRep:

'I intend to recommend that an offer be sent to you through UCAS in the near future. Before such an offer can be made and communicated, however, it is a UCL requirement that you attend an Open Day in the Economics Department.'

'I am afraid that if we have not heard from you [regarding Open Day attendance] by the deadline of Friday 22nd November 2013, we shall have to withdraw our intention to make you an offer.'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've got that too! Just wondering if it's because I couldn't make the open day in June? Or does everyone who is being made an offer have to go to an open day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smko)
    When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    3rd October.

(Original post by Yllasjarvi)
    I've got that too! Just wondering if it's because I couldn't make the open day in June? Or does everyone who is being made an offer have to go to an open day?
    I am pretty sure everyone who they want to make an offer to has been invited to the open day.

ReputationRep:
    I
    What are your other choices?
    Cambridge(downing) LSE
    Bath & Edinburgh ....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    nice one, i would love to go to UCL. If you don't mmd me asking, what GCSE and AS did you get?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you.

Yes, I just wanted to give people a heads up of the next stage in the application process as I hadn't seen someone get this email yet - or any response so far from UCL for Economics.
    congrats!looks like youve bagged an offer there ive applied to UCL aswell - although i haven't recieved this email, but its good to know the Open Day invitations are on the way.

how many open days do they usually run?

ReputationRep:
    In other news, i got an offer today from Bath !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    In other news, i got an offer today from Bath !!!
    May I ask when did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ritikaaurora)
    Congratulations in the offer! I applied for Economics, Politics and International Relations (BSc) here. It's my 3rd option!

Kings - BSc Politics of the International economy
    SOAS - South Asian Studies and Economics (BA)
    RHUL
    Queen Mary's - Economics and Politics
    City - International political economics!

(Funny how I don't do GovPol or History for A Levels though lol!)
    I love these courses, particularly the ones that focus on the global economy.

How about you?
    Well done and all the best!! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Damn I never knew Kings college offered Economics o.O
    My first choice is likely to be Exeter or Southampton then Insurance either surrey or holloway! I guess it depends on whether I get an offer from Exeter (my only pending uni) and how I do in my extended project!

I was considering Queens, SOAS and City instead of Exeter at a point but decided London may be too much for me

How confident are for SOAS and Kings? XD I think Exeter is a step too far with my gcse grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by runjennyrun17)
    May I ask when did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    18th October it was received by UCAS

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.