Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Given that so many people seem to have received offers in the last 48 hours, I'd just like to remind people to update the stalking page! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki..._Stalking_Page

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    In other news, i got an offer today from Bath !!!
    Well done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giant)
    Well done
    thank you! hows it going for you, offer-hunting that is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millerman)
    nice one, i would love to go to UCL. If you don't mmd me asking, what GCSE and AS did you get?
    GCSEs: 10A* 2A
    AS: AAAA
    A Level: A* (Maths)

(Original post by Fas)
    congrats!looks like youve bagged an offer there ive applied to UCL aswell - although i haven't recieved this email, but its good to know the Open Day invitations are on the way.

how many open days do they usually run?
    Not a clue. I guess we'll have to wait and see how many different dates there are in the emails people are receiving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    thank you! hows it going for you, offer-hunting that is?
    Just the one from Bristol so far

But my 5 week deadline from LSE expires tomorrow so hopefully I'll be hearing from them soon

ReputationRep:
    I also got the email from UCL inviting me to the open day!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coombsy)

Not a clue. I guess we'll have to wait and see how many different dates there are in the emails people are receiving.
    Well, yours is on the 22nd whereas mine is supposed to be on the 27th so there should be multiple open days.

Sorry, I misread your post. Is it on the 27th for you too?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Accidentally double posted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epic Flawless)
    Well, yours is on the 22nd whereas mine is supposed to be on the 27th so there should be multiple open days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes - the Open Day on the 27th and reply by the 22nd.

ReputationRep:
    Yes - the Open Day on the 27th and reply by the 22nd.
    Ah OK. I just replied to the email, telling the admissions tutor that I can't make it on that day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah OK. I just replied to the email, telling the admissions tutor that I can't make it on that day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    OK, I think I may be in the same position too. Could you please let me know the response when you get it? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giant)
    Just the one from Bristol so far

But my 5 week deadline from LSE expires tomorrow so hopefully I'll be hearing from them soon
    ahh thats good! Bristol is sick haha, so you'll still be going to a mint place provided you get the grades. ah ok, LSE is always a tough one, did they say they would take 5 weeks to review your application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    ahh thats good! Bristol is sick haha, so you'll still be going to a mint place provided you get the grades. ah ok, LSE is always a tough one, did they say they would take 5 weeks to review your application?
    Yup, that's why I'm stressing

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had offers from either??

Warwick: Economics
    Bristol: Economics and Management
    Birmingham: Economics
    Nottingham: Economics
    Oxfordconomics and Management

I applied before the 15th October deadline for Oxbridge but I haven't received any offers yet.

If so when and what grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econ1554)
    Has anyone had offers from either??

Warwick: Economics
    Bristol: Economics and Management
    Birmingham: Economics
    Nottingham: Economics
    Oxfordconomics and Management

I applied before the 15th October deadline for Oxbridge but I haven't received any offers yet.

If so when and what grades.
    I've applied to Oxford and Bristol too and not got an offer yet. However, I have got an offer from Birmingham... I sent my application off on the 9th of October and only got my Birmingham offer last Friday. Also I have a friend applying for Economics at Nottingham and he's not heard anything back yet (he had a similar application date to me)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkizer)
    Damn I never knew Kings college offered Economics o.O
    My first choice is likely to be Exeter or Southampton then Insurance either surrey or holloway! I guess it depends on whether I get an offer from Exeter (my only pending uni) and how I do in my extended project!

I was considering Queens, SOAS and City instead of Exeter at a point but decided London may be too much for me

How confident are for SOAS and Kings? XD I think Exeter is a step too far with my gcse grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's actually a new course, it seems absolutely amazing! I really think you should have a look at it.. It's not too late! Hehe. But it really depends on what interests you. Like I prefer MACRO to Micro so that's why I opted for it!

Don't worry, I'm absolutely positive that if it's the best for you, you will get into Exeter I really hope you do, but don't get put down IF (God forbid) they don't make you an offer .. This year.. Because everything really happens for the best, just keep faith in yourself and in life

Though having said that, I'm sure you'll get in, and I'm sending tons of luck your way!

I'm not too confident about SOAS because I haven't written much about South Asian studies lol. Kings.. It can go either way. I've done a LOT related to this course, that too the things that Kings itself endorsed! So I really hope they see that I'm really into the course.. Even though I just fell short of the entry requirement A*AB instead of AAA predictions

I think my post is getting TOOO long now! Lol.
    But really, all the best to you. Don't worry about it x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Assassinn)
    Your applying for IPE at City aswell, do you know much about it? I literally can't find nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Apart from what they've specified on their site, IPE is really similar to Kings' Politics of the International Economy. It's an amazing course, and it's usually taught at MSc level but they've recently started teaching it at Undergrad level too!
    It basically focuses on Globalisation, International trade etc. international economics..
    Just google IPE - it's a pretty popular course (MSc)

Good luck with your application!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Upset I didn't get a UCL open day offer thing!
    Congrats to all that did!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by runjennyrun17)
    May I ask when did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Has Economics entry requirements gone up this year overall, that seems to be the impression I'm getting?

ReputationRep:
    OK, I think I may be in the same position too. Could you please let me know the response when you get it? Thanks.
    Well, they offered a different open day on the 5th of February but I really don't want to wait that long. I told my teacher who says she will try to do something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.