Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haseem1)
    I totally agree, our heat is on the 28th and we've done absolutely nothing. We'll probably muster up something within the week before but none of us really care, just an excuse to miss school tbh
    My team have been ploughing through the business section in the Metro and Evening Standard which has provided us with a great deal of top notch information. Any other sources of information ? our heat is on the 28th November.... I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuDa2103)
    Do you guys think that an econ graduate from Lse will have an advantage over graduates from places like Warwick/UCL when it comes to jobs in finance or postgraduate research?
    Just ask Giant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuDa2103)
    Do you guys think that an econ graduate from Lse will have an advantage over graduates from places like Warwick/UCL when it comes to jobs in finance or postgraduate research?
    Only Giant knows the answer

ReputationRep:
    Just ask Giant.
    (Original post by Cobalt25)
    Deffo.

As an institution, LSE stands head and shoulders above the likes of Warwick/UCL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giant)
    Deffo.

As an institution, LSE stands head and shoulders above the likes of Warwick/UCL.
    You're such a Giant, this is why a board member of LSE head hunted you, he hand picked you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giant)
    Deffo.

LSE is definitely ahead in terms of graduate prospects, but it's not that much better than UCL or Warwick. In fact all of the top 5 target universities have incredibly good graduate prospects

ReputationRep:
    Just ask Giant.
    (Original post by Cobalt25)
    Maybe I missed something but why Giant? xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robin1125)
    LSE is definitely ahead in terms of graduate prospects, but it's not that much better than UCL or Warwick. In fact all of the top 5 target universities have incredibly good graduate prospects
    Put it this way, every single person would choose LSE over UCL and Warwick any day, without a doubt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplemind)
    Because he's one of the most respected members of the TSR realm, his opinions are highly sought after.

ReputationRep:
    Don't argue with Giant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplemind)
    Because I'm a Giant...

:cookie:

Put it this way, every single person would choose LSE over UCL and Warwick any day, without a doubt.
    To be fair, I must admit LSE is becoming less and less respected in the job market due to the increasing number of places for its "Mickey Mouse" courses like Maths and Economics

ReputationRep:
    Because he's one of the most respected members of the TSR realm, his opinions are highly sought after.
    Oh right. Unless proved otherwise, I will assume this is not a sarcasm.
    (Original post by Giant)
    Because I'm a Giant...

Fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giant)
    Deffo.

Giant I really thank you for taking some time out to respond to a question from a peasant like myself

ReputationRep:
    I doubt every single person would... People overrate LSE in terms of graduate prospects when comparing it to other top 5 unis. Yeah sure it has incredibly good graduate prospects, but so do UCL, Warwick and obviously so do Cambridge and Oxford.

Also, I'm sure many people factor other things into choosing their universities than just graduate prospects... For example, I know a guy who got into LSE for Economics last year who turned them down in favour of going to Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giant)
    Because I'm a Giant...

To be fair, I must admit LSE is becoming less and less respected in the job market due to the increasing number of places for its "Mickey Mouse" courses like Maths and Economics
    Mickey Mouse, LOOOOOL. And of course, it's just churning out investment bankers and not teaching anything to do with the history of economics. My teacher met a member of the BoE and he didn't even know who David Ricardo is, what a disgrace! LSE focus too much on Maths and not enough on real Economics.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt every single person would... People overrate LSE in terms of graduate prospects when comparing it to other top 5 unis. Yeah sure it has incredibly good graduate prospects, but so do UCL, Warwick and obviously so do Cambridge and Oxford.

Also, I'm sure many people factor other things into choosing their universities than just graduate prospects... For example, I know a guy who got into LSE for Economics last year who turned them down in favour of going to Oxford.
    Of course you would turn down LSE for Oxbridge, but I've never heard of anyone turning down LSE for UCL and Warwick, in the real world, LSE is where it's at if you want a job in the city, there's no arguing with that.

ReputationRep:
    I'm having trouble believing that to be honest, I doubt he was even good enough get an offer from LSE if he made that decision in the end

ReputationRep:

Sorry but this video clearly disagrees with you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqkELxNuKHE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquid Gold.)
    Sorry but this video clearly disagrees with you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqkELxNuKHE
    What am I watching.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquid Gold.)
    Haha, if you're really desperate for a job at Goldman Sachs then I'm afraid you're going to need an MBA from either Harvard, MIT or Stanford and a 1st in Economics from LSE, Oxford or Cambridge...

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.