Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Got offers from Cardiff and Queen Mary's and an interview from Christ's College, Cambridge!! Still waiting of UCL and LSE (my two top choices)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here heard back from Nottingham for Industrial Economics? My friend got a rejection from them despite being predicted A*AB and has offers from the same level if not better courses at Queen Marys and Surrey...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robin1125)
    Anyone here heard back from Nottingham for Industrial Economics? My friend got a rejection from them despite being predicted A*AB and has offers from the same level if not better courses at Queen Marys and Surrey...
    Notts > Surrey/QMUL

ReputationRep:
    Econ4 essays seem to be so repetitive. They so often ask how different things affect macroeconomic performance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_123)
    Notts > Surrey/QMUL
    Not for Industrial Economics and Surrey has a really good year in industry and means that career prospects are good for graduates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplemind)
    Econ4 essays seem to be so repetitive. They so often ask how different things affect macroeconomic performance.
    Are you with AQA? I felt the same about Econ2 at AS but can't really complain given that I got 100 UMS in it...

ReputationRep:
    Are you with AQA? I felt the same about Econ2 at AS but can't really complain given that I got 100 UMS in it...
    I am. Got 100 UMS as well but these essays are just sometimes so dull that I don't feel like writing them at all! (And I don't really like topics such as EU enlargement or globalisation.)

ReputationRep:
    I am. Got 100 UMS as well but these essays are just sometimes so dull that I don't feel like writing them at all! (And I don't really like topics such as EU enlargement or globalisation.)
    Same here as well, got 100 ums in it but all you need to practice is two essays on that topic and then you pretty much know what you need write on, AD/AS graphs, multiplier effect and circular flow of income was probably the only things you needed to know to get a good grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TerribleTej)
    Same here as well, got 100 ums in it but all you need to practice is two essays on that topic and then you pretty much know what you need write on, AD/AS graphs, multiplier effect and circular flow of income was probably the only things you needed to know to get a good grade.
    I'd say Laffer Curve and accelerator were pretty useful for AS Economics as well because you get marks for all relevant theories you use. And of course my favourite AD equation AD=C+G+I+(X-M).

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Laffer Curve and accelerator were pretty useful for AS Economics as well because you get marks for all relevant theories you use. And of course my favourite AD equation AD=C+G+I+(X-M).
    How much different in unit 4 in comparison to unit 2 ? Much more graphs to learn?

I'm finishing unit 3 and I must say its terribly dull

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sah95)
    Got offers from Cardiff and Queen Mary's and an interview from Christ's College, Cambridge!! Still waiting of UCL and LSE (my two top choices)
    I also got an interview from Christ's to study Economics. Whens yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkizer)
    How much different in unit 4 in comparison to unit 2 ? Much more graphs to learn?

I'm finishing unit 3 and I must say its terribly dull

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not very different. Just some more details.
    There is short and long run Phillips Curve, tariff diagram and I don't think there were more new diagrams.
    Well, we are doing Market Structures now which I quite like (a lot of diagrams which I like. )

ReputationRep:
    A level economics in general is a joke. Terrible preparation for degree level.

With all this talk of negative externalities and globalisation it makes it seem like geography.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    Do you want to go into IB?
    No. Actuarial or consultancy work. Tbh I'm still unsure of what career I want to pursue. But definitely something involving interaction with clients.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not very different. Just some more details.
    There is short and long run Phillips Curve, tariff diagram and I don't think there were more new diagrams.
    Well, we are doing Market Structures now which I quite like (a lot of diagrams which I like. )
    Oh wow, so unit 4 should be much more fun

I'm currently doing unit 3 revision. I just finished collating as much past paper questions as I felt was appropriate and separating them by topic. Almost as essay plans o.O - perhaps I'll share them on tsr if people find them useful.

I tried drawing all possible graphs on unit 3 and found poverty extremely difficult ! I mean laffer curve, possibly Lorenz.... And I'm stuck Hardest bit of unit 3 for sure I think persknally

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkizer)
    Oh wow, so unit 4 should be much more fun

I'm currently doing unit 3 revision. I just finished collating as much past paper questions as I felt was appropriate and separating them by topic. Almost as essay plans o.O - perhaps I'll share them on tsr if people find them useful.

I tried drawing all possible graphs on unit 3 and found poverty extremely difficult ! I mean laffer curve, possibly Lorenz.... And I'm stuck Hardest bit of unit 3 for sure I think persknally

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Much more fun? Well, it depends what you like really. There aren't many new concepts, as I said, most are just a bit extended.

I see. Practice is always good!

I don't know what Lorenz curve is (yet) but I'm sure it isn't too bad.

ReputationRep:
    Much more fun? Well, it depends what you like really. There aren't many new concepts, as I said, most are just a bit extended.

I see. Practice is always good!

I don't know what Lorenz curve is (yet) but I'm sure it isn't too bad.
    Didn't you cover the Lorenz curve in Unit 2? A graphical representation of the cumulative distribution function of wealth within a population.

ReputationRep:
    Lorenz curve is in unit 4 for edexcel. It's piss easy to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Didn't you cover the Lorenz curve in Unit 2? A graphical representation of the cumulative distribution function of wealth within a population.
    Well, no.

ReputationRep:
    All going well.
    Just received letter inviting me to cambridge interview
    Also have received offers from my other 4 units (LSE, UCL, BRISTOL and BATH).

For those of you still waiting, hang in there guys.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.