Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Just received an invite to the UCL Econ&Stats open day. Absolutely delighted with that!

(Original post by leinad2012)
    Just got invited to an open day at UCL for Economics and Statistics on December 11th!!!

Anyone else been invited?
    Yeah, UCL one of your first choices?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    Just received an invite to the UCL Econ&Stats open day. Absolutely delighted with that!

Congrats Ned, deserved it after you stunning performance in Game of Thrones.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Well I applied for 2 courses at UCL: straight econ, and econ and stats.

Also applied for straight econ at LSE.

TBH I really don't mind out of those 3, I'm just thrilled I got an open day invitation for one!

I'd say that I prefer the structure of economics and statistics over the other two, so it probably just edges the other two out :P

How bout you?

ReputationRep:
    Well I applied for 2 courses at UCL: straight econ, and econ and stats.

Also applied for straight econ at LSE.

TBH I really don't mind out of those 3, I'm just thrilled I got an open day invitation for one!

I'd say that I prefer the structure of economics and statistics over the other two, so it probably just edges the other two out :P

How bout you?
    Applied for straight econ at LSE and only this one at UCL. I like the Econ&Stats course at UCL but I'd take LSE Econ over it any day since I love the modules on offer at LSE (if I get in that is).

So far I've got an offer from Bristol so if I get the UCL one, then I'd firm UCL and insure Bristol even though Bristol want higher grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rafael_96)
    Congrats Ned, deserved it after you stunning performance in Game of Thrones.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha thanks!

Spoiler:
    Show
    A very unfortunate and short lived performance though (not everyone's seen it, hence the spoiler tags)

ReputationRep:
    Applied for straight econ at LSE and only this one at UCL. I like the Econ&Stats course at UCL but I'd take LSE Econ over it any day since I love the modules on offer at LSE (if I get in that is).

So far I've got an offer from Bristol so if I get the UCL one, then I'd firm UCL and insure Bristol even though Bristol want higher grades.
    Bristol wants higher?

I thought both were A*AA?

ReputationRep:
    Bristol wants higher?

UCL stats and econ is AAA I think. It might be A*AA depending on the candidate.

ReputationRep:
    Bristol wants higher?

(Original post by TerribleTej)
    UCL stats and econ is AAA I think. It might be A*AA depending on the candidate.
    It's A*AA unless the applicant is studying Further Maths, in which case it's AAA.

ReputationRep:
    It's A*AA unless the applicant is studying Further Maths, in which case it's AAA.
    Ahh that'll explain, I'm only doing AS Further

ReputationRep:
    Damn I should I have applied on that course as my fifth choice then rather than LSE maths and econ, would have been a useful back up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pro Crastination)
    Has anybody heard much back from Nottingham beyond the acceptance email? All of my other offers were received within a few weeks of my application being sent off, so I'm supposing they shelve a lot of them until after the deadline. (I'm supposing this may be because they also offer AAA, so if they have a smaller number of applicants they may make a few more AAA offers to ensure they have a full course in 2014.)

On the other hand, I may have just been rejected. ^_^
    hey, ive applied to Nottingham aswell, and i got an email saying that they had had to put my application on hold for a short time and that i may not hear back from them until March.

From what ive heard round here, Nottingham don't make offers till around the January time anyway. So if it's nearing end of March and you haven't heard, then maybe its time to start worrying haha. Although shouldn't matter for us two, we've both got Bath offers in hand

ReputationRep:
    Congrats, is that your first choice?
    My first choice is actually either Bath or Durham, but haven’t heard anything from them yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    hey, ive applied to Nottingham aswell, and i got an email saying that they had had to put my application on hold for a short time and that i may not hear back from them until March.

From what ive heard round here, Nottingham don't make offers till around the January time anyway. So if it's nearing end of March and you haven't heard, then maybe its time to start worrying haha. Although shouldn't matter for us two, we've both got Bath offers in hand
    True, haha. My interest is whether Notts will possibly offer AAA for whatever reason so that I can insure with them. But yeah, Bath is still/will always be my firm!

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone who has applied to Warwick for L100 but hasn't heard anything except for the confirmation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pro Crastination)
    True, haha. My interest is whether Notts will possibly offer AAA for whatever reason so that I can insure with them. But yeah, Bath is still/will always be my firm!
    yes! this is what i was hoping for aswell, an A*AA Bath firm and an AAA Nottingham insurance would be near enough perfect!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NewtoTSR)
    Is there anyone who has applied to Warwick for L100 but hasn't heard anything except for the confirmation
    Me, haven't heard anything from them since then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TerribleTej)
    Me, haven't heard anything from them since then.
    I'm sure your not terrible tej

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure your not terrible tej
    Haha I love it xD. I didn't know what to have as my username so I just chose this (I think I was revising alliteration or something like that at that time, silly username but still )

ReputationRep:
    Same here, a couple of people have got offers. People are yet to figure their system of handing offers out.

ReputationRep:
    Same here, a couple of people have got offers. People are yet to figure their system of handing offers out.
    I heard Warwick hands their offers on the basis of eenie meenie miney mo.
    Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.