The Student Room Group

Economics applicant thread UCAS 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fas
been asked for module grades by UCL but thats about it.

How does that work by the way? i asked my careers officer in school and his advice was spectacularly awful - " just send them your module grades " -__-

They get compared with others cause its really competitive. Are you sure it was grades and not UMS cause you put your modular grades on UCAS.
Original post by Brain25
I received an offer from SOAS for a joint Geography and Economics degree

Wow congrats and thanks. If you don't mind me asking, When did you send yours off and when did you receive the offer?
Original post by NedStark
Received an offer from LSE for Bsc Economics!

Congratulations :awesome:
Just got my first offer today!
Congratulation to all you other offer holders :smile:
Reply 2524
Unconditional - LSE Bsc Economics, Durham BA Economics

Conditional - Warwick Bsc Economics

Still waiting on Cambridge and UCL for L100

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by dente

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you a post A2 applicant?
Original post by dente

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do you have conditionals and unconditionals?
Reply 2527
Original post by Razina17
Wow congrats and thanks. If you don't mind me asking, When did you send yours off and when did you receive the offer?

Thank you! :smile: I sent my application off on 24th October and I received the SOAS offer on Tuesday this week.
Reply 2528
Original post by RachelRose
Just got my first offer today!
Congratulation to all you other offer holders :smile:

Congrats! :smile:
Original post by Brain25
Thank you! :smile: I sent my application off on 24th October and I received the SOAS offer on Tuesday this week.

Wow that is a really long time that means I won't hear anything from them until probably january
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2530
Wow that is a really long time that means I want hear anything from them until probably january

When did you send your application off? Don't worry though, they make most of their offers after the deadline
They get compared with others cause its really competitive. Are you sure it was grades and not UMS cause you put your modular grades on UCAS.

yeah definitely grades, although im going to send them my module grades and UMS anyway.
Original post by Brain25
When did you send your application off? Don't worry though, they make most of their offers after the deadline

Oh that's fine. I sent mines on 15th November
Reply 2533
Good job guys on receiving offers from a range of excellent unis !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kent had their general offer as ABB at the start of the year. They've now revised it to ABB/AAB? Why would this be?
I hate this new TSR layout, you can no longer see how many people quoted you on the side :s-smilie:
Reply 2536

Oh that's fine. I sent mines on 15th November

Okay, best of luck with the offers! :smile:
Original post by Alex-Torres
Kent had their general offer as ABB at the start of the year. They've now revised it to ABB/AAB? Why would this be?

Possibly because the course has became more competitive. Kent is a popular choice for Econ.

Original post by Boy_wonder_95
I hate this new TSR layout, you can no longer see how many people quoted you on the side :s-smilie:

Mine keeps switching between the previous quote box and the new one.
Does anyone know if it's possible to transfer from L100 course in UCL to L101 one once your accepted?
Would love to study at UCLA and considering my family lives in L.A the L101 course is appealing, regret not applying to L101 also!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rafael_96
Does anyone know if it's possible to transfer from L100 course in UCL to L101 one once your accepted?
Would love to study at UCLA and considering my family lives in L.A the L101 course is appealing, regret not applying to L101 also!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Email them and ask

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending