The Student Room Group

Economics applicant thread UCAS 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Razina17
same here :frown:

Original post by purplemind
No, nothing so far.

I'm in the same position. All I have had is an email asking for module grade requests (in November), and I emailed them this week, as I was just getting fed up, its been 5 months since I sent my application. The email basically said my application is still under consideration and we will know by 31st of March.
I live on the Wirral (right by Liverpool) I was just wondering if you guys by any chance live a considerable distance from London like myself, and that could be a reason why we haven't heard anything with regards to an open day?
Reply 3201
Has anybody got a reply from the LSE yet
Original post by ellenabethx
I'm in the same position. All I have had is an email asking for module grade requests (in November), and I emailed them this week, as I was just getting fed up, its been 5 months since I sent my application. The email basically said my application is still under consideration and we will know by 31st of March.
I live on the Wirral (right by Liverpool) I was just wondering if you guys by any chance live a considerable distance from London like myself, and that could be a reason why we haven't heard anything with regards to an open day?

I live in London, UCL is one small train journey for me and still haven't been invited to an open day. I guess we will know by 31st march
Original post by Razina17
I live in London, UCL is one small train journey for me and still haven't been invited to an open day. I guess we will know by 31st march

dang it, I had hopes you were from Scotland, then I could have in a sense justified this horrible wait :frown:
Original post by ellenabethx
dang it, I had hopes you were from Scotland, then I could have in a sense justified this horrible wait :frown:

When I had my open a few weeks back, just about everyone I spoke to was from down south, I was the furthest north that I knew of and I'm in Leicester. Granted it may just have been who I spoke to but I remember seeing somewhere, can't remember exactly though, that they make it compulsory if you live within a suitable distance to travel. I don't know if by that they mean UK or England or if someone like yourself is considered too far to make the open day compulsory.

Good Luck, here's hoping
i seem to remember someone on here saying that if UCL were going to make all their Open day invitations by the end of February. It's now the beginning of March and i have received absolutely nothing from them, so that probably means i can expect a rejection heading my way :frown: anyone else in a similiar position?
Original post by Fas
i seem to remember someone on here saying that if UCL were going to make all their Open day invitations by the end of February. It's now the beginning of March and i have received absolutely nothing from them, so that probably means i can expect a rejection heading my way :frown: anyone else in a similiar position?

I'm in the exact same position, expecting a rejection, but I'm just waiting for them to make a decision so I can decide what i'm going to firm (most likely bath)
Original post by monstercable
I'm in the exact same position, expecting a rejection, but I'm just waiting for them to make a decision so I can decide what i'm going to firm (most likely bath)

likewise, when UCL reject me (much prefer if they did it now rather than on the 31st of March) i'll probably firm Bath aswell. tbh it might be better to go to Bath aswell, cos of the placement year and the fact it will be a lot cheaper and probably nicer place to live than London haha
Original post by Fas
likewise, when UCL reject me (much prefer if they did it now rather than on the 31st of March) i'll probably firm Bath aswell. tbh it might be better to go to Bath aswell, cos of the placement year and the fact it will be a lot cheaper and probably nicer place to live than London haha

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, but during the placement year you have to basically find the placement yourself with some help from the uni. Have you been to Bath's open day ?
Anybody heard from warwick yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard back from Durham yet? Two friends already rejected for Economics and another got an offer for PPE last Friday, but I've not heard anything yet. Getting kind of impatient since loads of other friends have offers for varying other subjects and I'm yet to hear back...
Original post by cardigansandjeans
Anybody heard from warwick yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep just received an offer last Thursday after four and a half months, hang in there fellow applicant!
What did people wear to their UCL open day? Just casual dress?

I've got mine tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloxorus
What did people wear to their UCL open day? Just casual dress?

I've got mine tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, just jeans & a jumper
Original post by TerribleTej
Yep just received an offer last Thursday after four and a half months, hang in there fellow applicant!

Okay, so by that measure I've gotta wait another half a month (waited four months already I really wished they'd hurry up. Congrats on your offer btw! :smile:
Okay, so by that measure I've gotta wait another half a month (waited four months already I really wished they'd hurry up. Congrats on your offer btw! :smile:

Thanks and yes, I know a couple people who applied to Warwick at least a couple weeks after me and they haven't heard back yet, still good luck for your application!
Thanks and yes, I know a couple people who applied to Warwick at least a couple weeks after me and they haven't heard back yet, still good luck for your application!

Hopefully! Can I ask what the conditions were? Was it the typical A*AA or did they lower it?
Hopefully! Can I ask what the conditions were? Was it the typical A*AA or did they lower it?

I thought the typical was A*AAB or A*AAa, still it doesn't really make much difference, my offer was A*AA with at least an A in maths, but I guess my EPQ counted as my B hence why I didn't get an A*AAB offer.
I thought the typical was A*AAB or A*AAa, still it doesn't really make much difference, my offer was A*AA with at least an A in maths, but I guess my EPQ counted as my B hence why I didn't get an A*AAB offer.

Well yeah, but I didn't get an A in my dropped a level subject. And my epq hasn't been sent off either :/. I don't know, will have to see what happens. They gotta reply to me either way. Thanks for your help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3219
Original post by Libertine96
When I had my open a few weeks back, just about everyone I spoke to was from down south, I was the furthest north that I knew of and I'm in Leicester. Granted it may just have been who I spoke to but I remember seeing somewhere, can't remember exactly though, that they make it compulsory if you live within a suitable distance to travel. I don't know if by that they mean UK or England or if someone like yourself is considered too far to make the open day compulsory.

Good Luck, here's hoping

Im from Leicester too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending