Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    LSE rejection, UCL offer!!

Edit: It's on track, I've had no email from UCL and haven't been to an open day!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ross95)
    LSE rejection, UCL offer!!

Edit: It's on track, I've had no email from UCL and haven't been to an open day!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations!

Are you international? That will be why you didn't need to go to the open day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)
    I've been waiting since the 5th of March and I've had nothing through on UCAS yet. I'm also interested to hear from people...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just got the offer email 5 mins ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RebelV005)
    How long after attending the UCL open day, did you guys get your offer?
    I got mine 2 weeks after

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RebelV005)
    Just got the offer email 5 mins ago
    Same!

ReputationRep:
    Finally got all 5 offers! I am firming Cambridge but not sure whether to insure LSE or UCL, theyre all similar in terms of offer but slight variations in what the require for further maths. Any advice on which to put as insurance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiirankapoor)
    Finally got all 5 offers! I am firming Cambridge but not sure whether to insure LSE or UCL, theyre all similar in terms of offer but slight variations in what the require for further maths. Any advice on which to put as insurance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't insure UCL over LSE!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My UCAS journey is now over. 5/5 offers so its been good

Firm: UCL L100 : A*AA (A* Maths, A Economics)

Insurance: Bristol L100 : AAB (A Maths, A Economics)

ReputationRep:
    My UCAS journey is now over. 5/5 offers so its been good

Firm: UCL L100 : A*AA (A* Maths, A Economics)

Insurance: Bristol L100 : AAB (A Maths, A Economics)

Congratulations on how it all turned out! I'll be joining you soon when Warwick update track.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    Congratulations on how it all turned out! I'll be joining you soon when Warwick update track.
    Thanks!

I take it you're firming LSE? Where are you insuring?

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from UCL yesterday!!! Now I am unsure what I want to insure between UCL and Warwick. My firm is definitely LSE and they ask for A*AA in Maths, Physics and Econ respectively. But UCL ask for A*AA with the A* being in maths where as Warwick ask for A*AA though the A* can be in any subject. To be safe I would chose Warwick but If I wanted to go to one out of UCL or Warwick then I would definitely go to UCL. Can anyone please give me some advice on this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TerribleTej)
    Just got an offer from UCL yesterday!!! Now I am unsure what I want to insure between UCL and Warwick. My firm is definitely LSE and they ask for A*AA in Maths, Physics and Econ respectively. But UCL ask for A*AA with the A* being in maths where as Warwick ask for A*AA though the A* can be in any subject. To be safe I would chose Warwick but If I wanted to go to one out of UCL or Warwick then I would definitely go to UCL. Can anyone please give me some advice on this?
    I assume you're doing FM so you should really A* maths, so I don't think that is a problem. Maybe if you're unsure if you're gonna get an A in economics or physics then it would be wise to insure Warwick, but if you're confident of getting 2As in them then you might as well insure UCL, which would be the wisest choice as you prefer it over Warwick. Well done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_123)
    I assume you're doing FM so you should really A* maths, so I don't think that is a problem. Maybe if you're unsure if you're gonna get an A in economics or physics then it would be wise to insure Warwick, but if you're confident of getting 2As in them then you might as well insure UCL, which would be the wisest choice as you prefer it over Warwick. Well done.
    Thank you! Considering I have pretty high UMS for econ and physics at AS the problem isn't getting the A in those subjects at a2 but just that I could make a silly mistake or two in c3 and c4 which would end up screwing everything I have, though I know I can achieve the a star its better to be safe than sorry, but everyone I have talked to in person about this issue has told me UCL, so it seems like I will be insuring UCL then.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Considering I have pretty high UMS for econ and physics at AS the problem isn't getting the A in those subjects at a2 but just that I could make a silly mistake or two in c3 and c4 which would end up screwing everything I have, though I know I can achieve the a star its better to be safe than sorry, but everyone I have talked to in person about this issue has told me UCL, so it seems like I will be insuring UCL then.
    You say that, but then you go on to insure Warwick :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    You say that, but then you go on to insure Warwick :P
    Lol yeah I ended up insuring Warwick (I wonder how you know that ), because I took a while on UCAS making sure that if UCL was the right place to insure, and then when I clicked confirm, my UCAS had timed out, thats when I changed it to Warwick , if I am going to screw one of my grades up its more likely to be Maths due to its less margin for error, hence my decision for choosing Warwick as my insurance, still I am absolutely gutted for leaving out UCL.

ReputationRep:
    Lol yeah I ended up insuring Warwick (I wonder how you know that ), because I took a while on UCAS making sure that if UCL was the right place to insure, and then when I clicked confirm, my UCAS had timed out, thats when I changed it to Warwick , if I am going to screw one of my grades up its more likely to be Maths due to its less margin for error, hence my decision for choosing Warwick as my insurance, still I am absolutely gutted for leaving out UCL.
    I see but Warwick is still pretty good, the differences in course quality and prospects between them and UCL are marginal but I understand there's location and social scene to account for. Since you've insured are you going to their Visit day in April?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    I see but Warwick is still pretty good, the differences in course quality and prospects between them and UCL are marginal but I understand there's location and social scene to account for. Since you've insured are you going to their Visit day in April?
    yeah I most likely will though unless something major comes in the way

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

I take it you're firming LSE? Where are you insuring?
    Yeah I'll be firming LSE and insuring UCL. It's a shame since I wanted to insure Warwick but they rejected me but if I get into my firm then none of that will matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    Yeah I'll be firming LSE and insuring UCL. It's a shame since I wanted to insure Warwick but they rejected me but if I get into my firm then none of that will matter.

How come Warwick rejected you? Did they give you any reasons?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SUNNYOX)
    How come Warwick rejected you? Did they give you any reasons?
    No they just said the course is competitive so they can't give everyone an offer. That's it basically. I'll ask for feedback once my UCAS is updated.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.