The Student Room Group

Economics applicant thread UCAS 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3300
Original post by Alex-Torres
How do you know which universities last year were in clearing?

Pressure of exams getting to you already dude? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3301
Which should I firm, Economics at Bath with year placement or Bristol straight 3 year course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by VinceVC
Which should I firm, Economics at Bath with year placement or Bristol straight 3 year course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would say Bath as for economics a nice placement would be really helpful for master

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jkizer
Pressure of exams getting to you already dude? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha - I wanted to know which unis I could go to if I do better than expected since I'm on track for A's/A*s but only got B's/C's last year so I couldn't really apply to anywhere too prestigious
Reply 3304
Original post by Alex-Torres
haha - I wanted to know which unis I could go to if I do better than expected since I'm on track for A's/A*s but only got B's/C's last year so I couldn't really apply to anywhere too prestigious

All pressure for summer 2k14! Gonna be great :woo::woo::woo:

Have you decided your firm/insurance already then?
Anyone going to the Bath open day on the 9th April?
So my UCAS journey has come to an end. I'd say I was one of the more earlier members on the thread and I've come across plenty of people who have all successfully secured offers at some great universities. For me I've got 4/5 offers and I'll be confirming what I already knew for some time and that is to firm LSE and insure UCL.

Good luck to anyone still waiting for hear back, which I hope no one is. I'd like to thank everyone since this thread was a massive source of information and encouragement this past year.
Original post by NedStark
So my UCAS journey has come to an end. I'd say I was one of the more earlier members on the thread and I've come across plenty of people who have all successfully secured offers at some great universities. For me I've got 4/5 offers and I'll be confirming what I already knew for some time and that is to firm LSE and insure UCL.

Good luck to anyone still waiting for hear back, which I hope no one is. I'd like to thank everyone since this thread was a massive source of information and encouragement this past year.

Congratulations :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You've come a long way from Winterfell. I'm proud of you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rafael_96
St.Andrews,as I have a friend named Andrew.

Posted from TSR Mobile

a valid reason indeed... thank you

Man-like Ned Stark! Proud of ya son.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have some recommendations of Econ related books to read during summer? Ones you've found interesting or intend to read perhaps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3312
Is anyone else here waiting for Warwick??
Got an A*AA offer from UCL.

I want to firm Cambridge (A*A*AB) and insure Warwick (A*AA) but I don't really know what is the best thing to do, I have only been to Cambridge, haven't visited Warwick or UCL (got an offer without being invited to an open day) and there is no chance I can go to Warwick open days in April because I'm not in UK at that time.
Original post by purplemind

I want to firm Cambridge (A*A*AB) and insure Warwick (A*AA) but I don't really know what is the best thing to do, I have only been to Cambridge, haven't visited Warwick or UCL (got an offer without being invited to an open day) and there is no chance I can go to Warwick open days in April because I'm not in UK at that time.

See if you can visit it independently. I'm sure they have something in place if you can't make it on the day.
Original post by purplemind

Can't you visit Warwick one weekend - ok it won't be an open day but at least you would get a feel for the place.
Original post by Yllasjarvi
Can't you visit Warwick one weekend - ok it won't be an open day but at least you would get a feel for the place.

See if you can visit it independently. I'm sure they have something in place if you can't make it on the day.

I thought it's not possible but I just checked on their website and there are independent visits. I probably wouldn't be able to see as much as on open days, but it's something. :smile: Thanks guys.
successfully changed my course, I now have an offer for Economics and Business with East European Studies
Reply 3318

Congrats
May I ask, what a levels did you take? And also, what gcse grades did you get?
Best of luck?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3319
Hey all,
I want to do an economics degree in the future. For a levels, am definitely taking maths and economics and probably politics too as it merges with economics really well. I'm looking to do a degree in economics where the course looks more at world issues rather than just looking at graphs.
My question is, along with maths, economics and politics, what other a levels do you think I should take? Should I replace any subjects?
I can choose a maximum of five however I'd prefer to do four but if you come up with a combination of subjects that suits five a levels, please do reply!
Also, is chemistry a levels hard? And what about physics?
Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending