Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giant)
    Thanks! I should be confident I guess, but I'm naturally someone who waits until things are confirmed until I celebrate

Anyway, how are your grades and where did you apply?
    As I mentioned before, I don't have GSCEs. I took 3 exams at the end of middle school, getting 90% in Humanities, 100% in Maths & Science and 100% in English Language, we don't have grades system for external exams in Poland.
    I got 6 As at A Level (one being my native language so doesn't really matter) and an A* in A2 (but again, that's just my native language). Now doing 4 subjects, got 4A* predicted. So well, I hope it will be fine.
    Haven't sent my application since my turor wrote a rather crap reference (she is my tutor from this year so doesn't know me very well...) and I have to wait for her to write a better one. But I chose Cambridge (King's), LSE, UCL, Warwick and Bristol which are exactly same universities as you chose. Looks like it's going to be really competitive this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplemind)
    As I mentioned before, I don't have GSCEs. I took 3 exams at the end of middle school, getting 90% in Humanities, 100% in Maths & Science and 100% in English Language, we don't have grades system for external exams in Poland.
    I got 6 As at A Level (one being my native language so doesn't really matter) and an A* in A2 (but again, that's just my native language). Now doing 4 subjects, got 4A* predicted. So well, I hope it will be fine.
    Haven't sent my application since my turor wrote a rather crap reference (she is my tutor from this year so doesn't know me very well...) and I have to wait for her to write a better one. But I chose Cambridge (King's), LSE, UCL, Warwick and Bristol which are exactly same universities as you chose. Looks like it's going to be really competitive this year.
    Those are amazing grades, well done! Exact same universities and exact same college at Cambridge It will be insanely competitive there this year, almost everyone I know in real life applying for Economics at Cambridge is going for King's (and quite a few people on TSR). It shouldn't matter too much about your reference, as long as your UMS are decent and your interview is good - you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giant)
    Those are amazing grades, well done! Exact same universities and exact same college at Cambridge It will be insanely competitive there this year, almost everyone I know in real life applying for Economics at Cambridge is going for King's (and quite a few people on TSR). It shouldn't matter too much about your reference, as long as your UMS are decent and your interview is good - you'll be fine!
    Thanks. I took the exam at the end of 2011 when I never even thought about studying in the UK and didn't care too much about results.
    Oh well, I don't mind beeing pooled. Still going to try because why not?
    I know but they (Headmistress and Head of 6th Form) do care about it in my school and they want it to be as good as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Are university interviews common for the course? Aside from. Oxbridge

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkizer)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope, none of the others interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkizer)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, only in exceptional circumstances

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giant)
    Thanks! I should be confident I guess, but I'm naturally someone who waits until things are confirmed until I celebrate

I'm applying to Warwick, LSE, UCL and Southampton. For my 5th choice not sure yet could be York or Surrey although not sure if it'd be wise to have another insurance. My grades are AAA at AS in Maths, Further and Economics and predicted A*A*A. Instead of Economics I'm applying for MORSE at Warwick and Southampton and Maths+Econ at the others so I need to be doing STEP as well so I'm pretty much screwed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giant)

I've got 10 A*s at GCSE and 4 A grades at As with a 98% UMS average overall so I too will be going for that high risk route of Cambridge (King's), UCL, Bristol, Warwick and LSE. At the moment, I'm just putting the final tweaks on my personal statement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone else feel a bit disheartened if they got into their 5th choice? I love my 5th choice so it's fine but I it still doesn't feel nice to be rejected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    Would anyone else feel a bit disheartened if they got into their 5th choice? I love my 5th choice so it's fine but I it still doesn't feel nice to be rejected.
    Well, Bristol is a great university, especially for economics but nonetheless, I'd still be really upset to get rejected by my other universities. I think the reason why our 5th choice is still so prestigious is because I wouldn't want to go to university if it were anything other than the 5 I've chosen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know what you mean. My 5th choice is York which is still good although it would make me feel like a bit of a failure having to settle for my 5th favourite choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To be honest if I got 4 rejections, I would be relieved that I at least got one offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epic Flawless)
    I've got 10 A*s at GCSE and 4 A grades at As with a 98% UMS average overall so I too will be going for that high risk route of Cambridge (King's), UCL, Bristol, Warwick and LSE. At the moment, I'm just putting the final tweaks on my personal statement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice one, may see you at the interview as well then

Just sent my UCAS form off today so fingers crossed from now on! I'm nervous but glad that it's finally off of my shoulders so I can worry about other things (like Target 2.0, EPQ, school work etc.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giant)
    To be honest if I got 4 rejections, I would be relieved that I at least got one offer.
    likewise , 5th choice is York but tbh if i got an offer from there atleast it's an offer from a Uni which is still really good for Economics

tell you when i'd be dissapointed , it'd be if i got an A*AA offer from atleast one of the other four and then missed the offer but got into York. Sure atleast im going somewhere and York is an extremely good university , but would be slightly disheartening to know you were offered a place to a much better Uni and didn't make it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    likewise , 5th choice is York but tbh if i got an offer from there atleast it's an offer from a Uni which is still really good for Economics

tell you when i'd be dissapointed , it'd be if i got an A*AA offer from atleast one of the other four and then missed the offer but got into York. Sure atleast im going somewhere and York is an extremely good university , but would be slightly disheartening to know you were offered a place to a much better Uni and didn't make it.
    To top that off, you wouldn't have much say with accommodation and you'd be dead set on going to your firm choice.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to watch The Money Masters tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to watch The Money Masters tomorrow.
    This?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfpO-WBz_mw

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Exactly this one. Have you watched it?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Exactly this one. Have you watched it?
    Nope I will soon although 3 hours is a long time XD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    Nope I will soon although 3 hours is a long time XD.
    I know. But it should be a good documentary (at least my friend told me it is). 3 hours isn't bad. Staying at the boarding house is so boring at weekends so I have plenty of time.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.