Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giant)
    I would assume they would look at whatever tests/qualifications you did at 16 instead. They would also probably place more importance on things like the interview (for Cambridge), personal statement, predicted grades and UMS scores (Cambridge and LSE depending on the course). So I wouldn't worry too much, GCSEs are that important in the grand scheme of things even if you do have them.

I'm planning on applying to those three Universities as well
    Ok. Thank you!
    I know the system where I used to go to school is a bit different.
    When I was finishing middle school, I had three external exams: one was combined science and maths, second was my native language and literature, history, art and the third was English (we were given points out of 100, not grades, so respectively that would be 100, 90, 100). I was studying 13 separate subjects. The school assessed us internally and gave grades at the end of the year. It would be more less equal to 8A* and 5As.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody booked any open days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisisjokes)
    Anybody booked any open days?
    yep four Uni's booked , how about you ?

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle, Sheffield and Liverpool all booked

ReputationRep:
    Yep, booked UCL, LSE, Bristol and Durham. My school only let us have three days off for open days though, so gonna have to beg for the third or lie and take it off ill
    Not sure whether to go to the Warwick open day on a saturday too considering it's not too far away from where I live

ReputationRep:
    How useful are open days? Surely you can get all the information online anyways?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiirankapoor)
    How useful are open days? Surely you can get all the information online anyways?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    well i'm banking on the open days to get a feel for the place, also to talk to faculty from the econ department and see how it all feels?

I'm thinking of Bath, Surrey (amazing placement years apparently), St Andrews, LSE and Cambridge.
    You can see my reach ones hahaha. I'm hoping for AAAA at AS and A*A*A at A2. idk man hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiirankapoor)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh but sometimes its good to get a feel of the place to know if it's right for you.

(Original post by AmyDai)
    well i'm banking on the open days to get a feel for the place, also to talk to faculty from the econ department and see how it all feels?

I'm thinking of BAth, Surrey (amazing placement years apparently), St Andrews, LSE and Cambridge.
    You can see my reach ones hahaha. I'm hoping for AAAA at AS and A*A*A at A2. idk man hahaha
    I've also booked open days for Camb, LSE and Bath :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)

I've also booked open days for Camb, LSE and Bath :awesome:
    Aww, which Camb open day are you going t? I wanted to go to the LSE one but I'm on my Sutton Trust summer school that week D:

ReputationRep:
    Aww, which Camb open day are you going t? I wanted to go to the LSE one but I'm on my Sutton Trust summer school that week D:
    The general one on the 4th July and yourself?
    I'm sure LSE have two open days so you could attend the other one.

ReputationRep:

I'm thinking of Bath, Surrey (amazing placement years apparently), St Andrews, LSE and Cambridge.
    Im aiming for similar unis LSE cambridge, UCL, warwick etc. aha samee also aiming for AAAA AT AS and A*A*A* at A2

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    sup , im going to Bath aswell !

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to the one for Trinity College because it's the only convenient day D:
    I'm a bit annoyed that all the open days are during my summer school hahaha.

I literally just looked at the preliminary reading they recommend at LSE and I've read all of it already haha. whoops!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to participate in Target 2.0 competition? My school has already registered a team.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to the one for Trinity College because it's the only convenient day D:
    I'm a bit annoyed that all the open days are during my summer school hahaha.

I literally just looked at the preliminary reading they recommend at LSE and I've read all of it already haha. whoops!
    You go to summer school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolStoryBroo)
    You go to summer school?
    sutton trust?

ReputationRep:
    Still got a fair bit of research to do but I'm almost definitely going to apply to Cambridge, UCL and Nottingham, and I am strongly considering York, Durham, Bristol, Bath, Warwick and Birmingham

ReputationRep:
    LSE, UCL, Bristol and Nottingham open days all booked

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I think I've got a B in AS maths and hopefully A in everything else (economics, english lit and philosophy and ethics)
    I want to apply to warwick, durham and bristol (I haven't choosen my other 2) do you think getting a B will mean I can't get into uni for economics at one of these unis. I've atteneded Cambridge's shadowing scheme and UCL's summer challenge and had work experience at an investment banking firm. If my teachers predict me and A in maths and an A* in economics do you think I still have a good chance of getting into warwick or any of the others?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tick-tock)
    Hey,

I think I've got a B in AS maths and hopefully A in everything else (economics, english lit and philosophy and ethics)
    I want to apply to warwick, durham and bristol (I haven't choosen my other 2) do you think getting a B will mean I can't get into uni for economics at one of these unis. I've atteneded Cambridge's shadowing scheme and UCL's summer challenge and had work experience at an investment banking firm. If my teachers predict me and A in maths and an A* in economics do you think I still have a good chance of getting into warwick or any of the others?

thanks
    Wait and see if you actually get a B at AS first before worrying about it, you've probably done better than you think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.