Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keith111)
    Where else have you applied. Im applying to both of those, sent off my application yesterday. Also, what where your predicted grades
    Bristol (Econ+finance), Nottingham, Leeds (Econ+maths). A* maths, A Economics, A Politics are my predicted grades, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playingwell)
    Just recieved first offer from Exeter- AAA
    Kickass! Which course is this? How long did it take? o.O

ReputationRep:
    I sent my UCAS off yesterday (at half past 12) and I just checked Track now and I got an offer from Surrey at half past three today. That's a bit eager isn't it Surrey? But I'm happy first university offer!

But they're my least favourite choice (I still like it though, but I prefer all my other choices), but still, it's good to have an offer!

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering whether anyone applying to Birmingham has received a confirmation email....?

ReputationRep:
    Some of you people applying for LSE/UCL will have a loooong wait before getting a reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NewtoTSR)
    Just wondering whether anyone applying to Birmingham has received a confirmation email....?
    I've applied. I think they're one of those universities that doesn't send out acknowledgement emails when receiving applicants. I checked their website and they also only give you portal details when giving an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I received one on the 11th of October and I sent my form off on the evening of the 9th of October...

There's nothing too interesting in the email, just some info on why you should pick Birmingham and about signing up for their VIP page.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robin1125)
    I received one on the 11th of October and I sent my form off on the evening of the 9th of October...

There's nothing too interesting in the email, just some info on why you should pick Birmingham and about signing up for their VIP page.
    I sent mine off on the 15th and didn't get an acknowledgement. What's the VIP page?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah on UCAS it says my application is being considered at Bham...but I haven't received any confirmation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cathrg26)
    I sent mine off on the 15th and didn't get an acknowledgement. What's the VIP page?
    It's nothing that useful. It's just a website you get an account for and can use to find out more information about the university, but I've not really used it since I already know I like Birmingham...

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone just get an email from Nottingham saying they're putting your application on hold to give everyone else equal consideration?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robin1125)
    It's nothing that useful. It's just a website you get an account for and can use to find out more information about the university, but I've not really used it since I already know I like Birmingham...
    It's all good. The email came through just now.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah on UCAS it says my application is being considered at Bham...but I haven't received any confirmation
    I've just received mine, yours will probably be coming through too

ReputationRep:
    Being as you're all so smart. Have I proven the Phillips curve wrong, showing that as unemployment rises, wage inflation occurs? Name:  WP_000638.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  233.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playingwell)
    Just recieved first offer from Exeter- AAA
    What were you predicted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex-Torres)
    Being as you're all so smart. Have I proven the Phillips curve wrong, showing that as unemployment rises, wage inflation occurs? Name:  WP_000638.jpg
    You've said that when unemployment increases, workers are paid more due to a decrease in supply. This is incorrect as workers who are unemployed will be actually increasing the supply of labour, not decreasing it, the supply of labour is reduced when there is a low unemployment rate.
    This is backed up by the fact that workers who are unemployed will be willing to work for a lower rate so in fact wages will fall.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)
    You've said that when unemployment increases, workers are paid more due to a decrease in supply. This is incorrect as workers who are unemployed will be actually increasing the supply of labour, not decreasing it, the supply of labour is reduced when there is a low unemployment rate.
    This is backed up by the fact that workers who are unemployed will be willing to work for a lower rate so in fact wages will fall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    By a decrease in supply, I meant a decrease in a qualified workforce and useful workforce - this supply has been reduced because of Hysteresis?
    But I can see what you're saying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex-Torres)
    Many people, especially Milton Friedman and Chicago economists, agreed that the Phillips Curve may be true in the short term but isn't useful in the long term due to other factors (such as hysteresis - like you mention) can also come into play to affect inflation

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Offer of AAA from newcastle, 3 days after applying and im predicted AAB after getting ABC at AS!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Offer from East Anglia (UEA) for ABB!!! also have an offer at Keele for Business Economics as my insurance. Has anyone heard back from Reading? have they sent you an email to say they have your application and has anyone got any offers? I haven't heard anything from them and it's my first choice!!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.