The Student Room Group

Economics applicant thread UCAS 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rafael_96
Thank you :smile:
Saw your applying to Oxford aswell, How you doing on the TSA? Only 8 days from now

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing reasonably well on the TSA's and I'm getting scores between 38-42. I'm still ridiculously nervous about the exam though and I've somehow managed to convince myself I'm going to get 30/50 at best...
Original post by robin1125
I'm doing reasonably well on the TSA's and I'm getting scores between 38-42. I'm still ridiculously nervous about the exam though and I've somehow managed to convince myself I'm going to get 30/50 at best...

Aha same here, You should be short listed for interviews with 38-42 considering your grades so don't worry
Practised Section 2 much? I'm starting my first attempt of Section 2 essays tonight so we'll see how it goes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone help me please? I came to London 9 months ago, and I am studying GCSE. I want to study GCSE in my A-levels, but I do not know what grades and what subjects do I have to study in GCSE. Please, help me!!
Reply 1683
Aha same here, You should be short listed for interviews with 38-42 considering your grades so don't worry
Practised Section 2 much? I'm starting my first attempt of Section 2 essays tonight so we'll see how it goes

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's the average score?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by azns
What's the average score?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mean score as far as I'm aware is 60 points equating to 32/50 in Section 1. With score of 65+ (37+/50), good set of exam results and decent personal statement your highly likely to be in 30% of applicants that are interviewed. Hope it helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1685
Mean score as far as I'm aware is 60 points equating to 32/50 in Section 1. With score of 65+ (37+/50), good set of exam results and decent personal statement your highly likely to be in 30% of applicants that are interviewed. Hope it helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. I heard that if you're applying to an Econ related course, they put a lot of weight on the problem solving questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've done one practice essay , but that's it so far. I'll probably do a few towards the end of the week
Can my favourite Game of Thrones character kindly add me to it aswell :wink:?

Universities: Oxford, UCL, UCL, Nottingham, Queens Mary
GCSEs: 4A*'s 4A's 1B 1C
AS results: AAAA -90% ums average (Maths,Economics, Physics, Chemistry)
A2 Predictions: A*A*A* (+A in EPQ)
Further: EPQ-Economics related,Conferences and lectures,Further reading,Work experience in Los Angeles,High level swimming+athletics, Self taught piano

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looks like I got beaten to it!
Original post by kautaruahabi12
Can someone help me please? I came to London 9 months ago, and I am studying GCSE. I want to study GCSE in my A-levels, but I do not know what grades and what subjects do I have to study in GCSE. Please, help me!!

It varies on the Sixth Form you go to, look on their websites or ask your teachers if they know.
(Also, you might be better off posting this in the 'A levels' section of Student Room, or starting a new thread :wink: )
Original post by robin1125
I've added you in. If anyone knows how to do the link to the profile, I'd appreciate i if you could do so for mine!

Ok, linked your profile as well as the others! :smile:
Reply 1690
Received an offer from Southampton :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jkizer
Received an offer from Southampton :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats, that your first choice?
Reply 1692
Original post by NedStark
Congrats, that your first choice?

Either Southampton or Exeter i reckon. Both are pretty good universities!

Exeter has the work placement year, though i prefer southampton to live at :redface:
Reply 1693
Original post by Bloxorus
Just got an offer from York for economics L100! AAB

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! Which other courses have you applied for?
where do you prople find out about what tests you need to sit when applying for uni. i.e the TSA
offer from york !! AAB offer i am really chuffed ! :smile:
Reply 1696
Offer from Kent! :biggrin:
Original post by SP10
Offer from Kent! :biggrin:

Congrats! Did you get it just now? I'm still waiting :frown:
Reply 1698
Original post by cathrg26
Congrats! Did you get it just now? I'm still waiting :frown:

Well it hasn't updated on track. I saw it on the Kent portal thing so you should check that :wink:
Original post by SP10
Well it hasn't updated on track. I saw it on the Kent portal thing so you should check that :wink:

Congrats to all the offers seems like they're getting pushed out now :biggrin:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending