Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robin1125)
    I've added you in. If anyone knows how to do the link to the profile, I'd appreciate i if you could do so for mine!
    Thank you
    Saw your applying to Oxford aswell, How you doing on the TSA? Only 8 days from now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkizer)
    Aiming for AAB if I can! Reading, buckingham, surrey, Southampton and somewhere like queens or city - so undecided!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too. I'm applying to Surrey as well. Which one is your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karenn-)
    Me too. I'm applying to Surrey as well. Which one is your first choice?
    That list was a while back though some other additions. (Looking back, I didn't know how little ambition I had )

I am applying to surrey, Southampton, Exeter, holloway and reading.

My first choice is extremely tough! Southampton and Exeter are the obvious due to the prestige and AAA offers. But Surrey has a niche sandwich year too ! (Exeter has one, but I doubt I'll get an offer from them )

I'm still torn. And I'm not sure whether to put surrey as an insurance or an ABB entry university!

What's your other choices may I ask? Any replies of offers yet ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rafael_96)
    Thank you
    Saw your applying to Oxford aswell, How you doing on the TSA? Only 8 days from now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm doing reasonably well on the TSA's and I'm getting scores between 38-42. I'm still ridiculously nervous about the exam though and I've somehow managed to convince myself I'm going to get 30/50 at best...

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing reasonably well on the TSA's and I'm getting scores between 38-42. I'm still ridiculously nervous about the exam though and I've somehow managed to convince myself I'm going to get 30/50 at best...
    Aha same here, You should be short listed for interviews with 38-42 considering your grades so don't worry
    Practised Section 2 much? I'm starting my first attempt of Section 2 essays tonight so we'll see how it goes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me please? I came to London 9 months ago, and I am studying GCSE. I want to study GCSE in my A-levels, but I do not know what grades and what subjects do I have to study in GCSE. Please, help me!!

ReputationRep:
    Aha same here, You should be short listed for interviews with 38-42 considering your grades so don't worry
    Practised Section 2 much? I'm starting my first attempt of Section 2 essays tonight so we'll see how it goes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's the average score?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azns)
    What's the average score?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mean score as far as I'm aware is 60 points equating to 32/50 in Section 1. With score of 65+ (37+/50), good set of exam results and decent personal statement your highly likely to be in 30% of applicants that are interviewed. Hope it helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mean score as far as I'm aware is 60 points equating to 32/50 in Section 1. With score of 65+ (37+/50), good set of exam results and decent personal statement your highly likely to be in 30% of applicants that are interviewed. Hope it helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks. I heard that if you're applying to an Econ related course, they put a lot of weight on the problem solving questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've done one practice essay , but that's it so far. I'll probably do a few towards the end of the week

ReputationRep:
    Can my favourite Game of Thrones character kindly add me to it aswell ?

Universities: Oxford, UCL, UCL, Nottingham, Queens Mary
    GCSEs: 4A*'s 4A's 1B 1C
    AS results: AAAA -90% ums average (Maths,Economics, Physics, Chemistry)
    A2 Predictions: A*A*A* (+A in EPQ)
    Further: EPQ-Economics related,Conferences and lectures,Further reading,Work experience in Los Angeles,High level swimming+athletics, Self taught piano

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Looks like I got beaten to it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kautaruahabi12)
    Can someone help me please? I came to London 9 months ago, and I am studying GCSE. I want to study GCSE in my A-levels, but I do not know what grades and what subjects do I have to study in GCSE. Please, help me!!
    It varies on the Sixth Form you go to, look on their websites or ask your teachers if they know.
    (Also, you might be better off posting this in the 'A levels' section of Student Room, or starting a new thread )

ReputationRep:
    I've added you in. If anyone knows how to do the link to the profile, I'd appreciate i if you could do so for mine!
    Ok, linked your profile as well as the others!

ReputationRep:
    Received an offer from Southampton

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkizer)
    Received an offer from Southampton

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats, that your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    Congrats, that your first choice?
    Either Southampton or Exeter i reckon. Both are pretty good universities!

Exeter has the work placement year, though i prefer southampton to live at

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)
    Just got an offer from York for economics L100! AAB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done! Which other courses have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    where do you prople find out about what tests you need to sit when applying for uni. i.e the TSA

ReputationRep:
    offer from york !! AAB offer i am really chuffed !

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Kent!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.