The Student Room Group

Economics applicant thread UCAS 2014

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone here received an offer for Economics at Queen Mary (QMUL) yet?

I've heard of a few getting offers from QMUL but none of those were for Economics.

I submitted my application on the 14th and only got an acknowledgement from them on the 28th.
Original post by scudorumsa
Has anyone here received an offer for Economics at Queen Mary (QMUL) yet?

I've heard of a few getting offers from QMUL but none of those were for Economics.

I submitted my application on the 14th and only got an acknowledgement from them on the 28th.

I received an offer from Queens Mary just over a week ago :smile: Have patience sure you will aswell :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
urgggggghghghghghghgh i want an offer from Bath pretty badly lol - quite glad ive got atleast one though. For those waiting - don't worry im sure you'll get them! ( ironic as im worrying now hahaha )
Original post by Rafael_96
I received an offer from Queens Mary just over a week ago :smile: Have patience sure you will aswell :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you mind me asking when you sent your application?

I'm still quite puzzled why I only received acknowledgment from QMUL two weeks after I sent my application down the line.
Original post by scudorumsa
Do you mind me asking when you sent your application?

I'm still quite puzzled why I only received acknowledgment from QMUL two weeks after I sent my application down the line.

I sent it on the 14th of October, there's a tendency to receive acknowledgment a week after sending so wouldn't think about it too much if it's just two

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1845
Is there anybody else who hasn't received the email from Nottingham saying they're putting your application on hold so everyone gets equal consideration?
Original post by Fas
urgggggghghghghghghgh i want an offer from Bath pretty badly lol - quite glad ive got atleast one though. For those waiting - don't worry im sure you'll get them! ( ironic as im worrying now hahaha )

As long as you have a good personal statement, 3As (including maths) at As and A*AA+ predicted, you should be good to go. When did they receive your application?
Original post by Pro Crastination
As long as you have a good personal statement, 3As (including maths) at As and A*AA+ predicted, you should be good to go. When did they receive your application?

yeaah only got 2A's haha ( Maths and History ) - although got 90% in Maths so dunno if that helps. PS is supposedly really good, predicted an A in EPQ and AS Further Maths , and predicted A*AA with A* in Maths - 3A* and 6A at GCSE. probably too low, but ah well hopefully its enough to make the cut! ermm they recieved it on the 21st of October :smile:
Original post by Fas
yeaah only got 2A's haha ( Maths and History ) - although got 90% in Maths so dunno if that helps. PS is supposedly really good, predicted an A in EPQ and AS Further Maths , and predicted A*AA with A* in Maths - 3A* and 6A at GCSE. probably too low, but ah well hopefully its enough to make the cut! ermm they recieved it on the 21st of October :smile:

The lecturer that I spoke to said a good maths grade stood above other subjects. I believe he told me that if results day came around and you have scored an A* in maths, they would be happy to take you with an A and a B alongside it. As they give predictions and actual AS grades equal weighting I'd say they'll definitely consider you.

How is your PS only "supposedly" really good?
I'm probably going to be the worst Target 2.0 team captain my teacher could have chosen. :frown:
I wanted to look at some data over the half-term but had no internet at home and it's so inconvenient on smartphone. So much to do now!
Reply 1850
Original post by purplemind
I'm probably going to be the worst Target 2.0 team captain my teacher could have chosen. :frown:
I wanted to look at some data over the half-term but had no internet at home and it's so inconvenient on smartphone. So much to do now!

I'm the same, but I actually have had internet, our team is so half arsed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by azns
I'm the same, but I actually have had internet, our team is so half arsed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good to know there is somebody feeling the same. :biggrin:

2 people in my team are really enthusiastic and I guess they will have researched something but the problem is they aren't too clever.

I just don't want it to be a complete failure because then I will be the one to be blamed for it. :tongue:
Original post by purplemind

Same. My team hasnt evenstarted yet "/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by azns
Hard work pays off more than intelligence so I reckon your team will be fine.
Which topic are you researching? I'm Demand and output and I have no idea where I'm going with it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe it does. :smile: But both are useful .
To be honest, we haven't even met once to decide who is doing what and that is a problem. I was thinking only about my application before as most of people in my school. A very bad organisation, I know.
Original post by Pro Crastination
The lecturer that I spoke to said a good maths grade stood above other subjects. I believe he told me that if results day came around and you have scored an A* in maths, they would be happy to take you with an A and a B alongside it. As they give predictions and actual AS grades equal weighting I'd say they'll definitely consider you.

How is your PS only "supposedly" really good?

ahh sound, well thats definitely a bonus! hopefully i can get an offer from those guys, they're probably my 1st choice even over UCL haha

ahh i say that cos everyone ive spoken to says its really REALLY good, although im massively self-critical so whenever i look at it i just think " meh, its alright at best "
Original post by abcd1711
Is there anybody else who hasn't received the email from Nottingham saying they're putting your application on hold so everyone gets equal consideration?

i got that email ! wasnt best pleased with it though ;( did you not receive that?
Reply 1856
Original post by Fas
i got that email ! wasnt best pleased with it though ;( did you not receive that?

No i didn't...seems like nearly everybody has received it though so im starting to think its actually a good thing! Last year nearly all Nottingham economics offer on here were given out in January anyway...
Reply 1857
No i didn't...seems like nearly everybody has received it though so im starting to think its actually a good thing! Last year nearly all Nottingham economics offer on here were given out in January anyway...

I'm applying to Industrial Economics and I haven't received it either?..
Maybe they just haven't sent it to everybody yet?
Reply 1858
Original post by Jupperrs
I'm applying to Industrial Economics and I haven't received it either?..
Maybe they just haven't sent it to everybody yet?

I think its just for pure economics because its one of their most over subscribed courses (but not sure)...maybe but they received mine 3 weeks ago
Reply 1859
I think its just for pure economics because its one of their most over subscribed courses (but not sure)...maybe but they received mine 3 weeks ago

Yeah you may be right. I'm assuming you have had a confirmation email?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending