Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcd1711)
    No i didn't...seems like nearly everybody has received it though so im starting to think its actually a good thing! Last year nearly all Nottingham economics offer on here were given out in January anyway...
    I'm applying to Industrial Economics and I haven't received it either?..
    Maybe they just haven't sent it to everybody yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jupperrs)
    I'm applying to Industrial Economics and I haven't received it either?..
    Maybe they just haven't sent it to everybody yet?
    I think its just for pure economics because its one of their most over subscribed courses (but not sure)...maybe but they received mine 3 weeks ago

ReputationRep:
    I think its just for pure economics because its one of their most over subscribed courses (but not sure)...maybe but they received mine 3 weeks ago
    Yeah you may be right. I'm assuming you have had a confirmation email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jupperrs)
    Yeah you may be right. I'm assuming you have had a confirmation email?
    yup about 2 and a half weeks ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    ahh sound, well thats definitely a bonus! hopefully i can get an offer from those guys, they're probably my 1st choice even over UCL haha

ahh i say that cos everyone ive spoken to says its really REALLY good, although im massively self-critical so whenever i look at it i just think " meh, its alright at best "
    Ah, fair enough. Above UCL? Wow. Why? (and this is coming from a Bath firmer who absolutely loves Bath.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiirankapoor)
    Same. My team hasnt evenstarted yet "/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by purplemind)
    Maybe it does. But both are useful .
    To be honest, we haven't even met once to decide who is doing what and that is a problem. I was thinking only about my application before as most of people in my school. A very bad organisation, I know.
    Haha fair, when's your heat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azns)
    Haha fair, when's your heat?
    28th November so there is still time to try to do something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pro Crastination)
    Ah, fair enough. Above UCL? Wow. Why? (and this is coming from a Bath firmer who absolutely loves Bath.)
    Could be location, a lot of people would prefer not to be in London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Could be location, a lot of people would prefer not to be in London.
    I know exactly what you mean, I just hate London and plus it's too expensive. I'm applying to LSE and UCL to just please my parents although I'd probably firm Warwick/Bristol or even Southampton over those 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    I know exactly what you mean, I just hate London and plus it's too expensive. I'm applying to LSE and UCL to just please my parents although I'd probably firm Warwick/Bristol or even Southampton over those 2.
    Ah, fair enough. I'd love to go to a top London uni, but I don't believe I have the grades :/ Ah, well, could always try to see if they'll accept me for an MSc a few years down the road :3

ReputationRep:
    Are offers/rejections given over the weekend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    I wouldn't go as far as to saying I hate London but it's all personal preference. There are parts which are really nice and, similarly, parts which are horrible. I loved the atmosphere and location of LSE so that would be hard to turn down! Have you been to either?

ReputationRep:
    No i didn't...seems like nearly everybody has received it though so im starting to think its actually a good thing! Last year nearly all Nottingham economics offer on here were given out in January anyway...
    you've either got a stunning application or its horrendously bad/ not got an A*AA prediction. what were your AS/GCSE grades like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pro Crastination)
    location, i mean London is nice but i'd prefer not to be there haha - plus a campus-style University like Bath i would MUCH prefer over the way UCL is situated. Plus that one-year placement just looks so good, i know UCL has a better rep but id prefer a years work experience at a top bank during my degree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    I wouldn't go as far as to saying I hate London but it's all personal preference. There are parts which are really nice and, similarly, parts which are horrible. I loved the atmosphere and location of LSE so that would be hard to turn down! Have you been to either?
    Yup been to both. Well I think hate is too much of a strong word now I think I should have said sick of it really. I want to move somewhere new.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    you've either got a stunning application or its horrendously bad/ not got an A*AA prediction. what were your AS/GCSE grades like?
    AAAC at AS (Maths, Economics, Politics, History), predicted A*AA (A* in Maths) and 2A*, 6A,B,C at GSCE....teachers all said my PS was very good....wouldn't describe it as either stunning or horrendously bad...

ReputationRep:
    location, i mean London is nice but i'd prefer not to be there haha - plus a campus-style University like Bath i would MUCH prefer over the way UCL is situated. Plus that one-year placement just looks so good, i know UCL has a better rep but id prefer a years work experience at a top bank during my degree
    Oh, the placement is something to look forward to, I can assure you/I am assuring myself. The salaries for a 1 year work placement are fantastic. I remember the lecturer saying that there was one student who (because of their additional bonuses for working in a bank) earned more than them during the year - hopefully that means the bank is generous, rather than the Uni is missing payments to staff . If I could just hand over a large chunk of that to pay off my debt or pay for a masters... I bet I wont be able to, though.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't received the email from Nottingham either I did only send off my application last week but eh.

I wasn't really expecting an offer from them anyway as it's so competitive but I hope I still have a chance

My grades aren't amazing, but they meet the requirements and I don't think my application is horrendously bad.

ReputationRep:
    AAAC at AS (Maths, Economics, Politics, History), predicted A*AA (A* in Maths) and 2A*, 6A,B,C at GSCE....teachers all said my PS was very good....wouldn't describe it as either stunning or horrendously bad...
    about the same as mine really ( better in some areas, worse in others ) so its not bad at all, its quite competitive. i don't really know why you havent got the email then! was it BSc Economics L100 you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    about the same as mine really ( better in some areas, worse in others ) so its not bad at all, its quite competitive. i don't really know why you havent got the email then! was it BSc Economics L100 you applied for?

Yup L100. I dont know either...they've had my application a little too long for me to say they just haven't sent it to me yet...

If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.