Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Hello everyone,

    I'm currently doing a year 1 undergraduate course at university and throughout this whole year i'm disappointed to say that I have learned almost nothing. Complete lack of content in my lectures, really unfortunate. Regardless to say I'm planning to move to a different university next year. I have a few questions in regards to my application: (I know I'm late, but complications..)

    1) Where should I write that i'm currently attending university:

    a) In the education section of UCAS (Not a registered center, I get the impression it's just for college and school)

    b) Should I mention it in the personal statement? Also should I mention as to why I felt inadequately taught? (Not to undermine the university but in relevance to my learning aspirations.)

    c) Both?

    2) Just to confirm: I'm using student finance to pay for my tuition as an EU student. They shouldn't have any problem with me transferring right? I'm only going to complete this first year of mine and then move.

    3) When should I notify student finance that I plan to move. After I get accepted and make my decision (As a backup for the unfortunate case that I don't manage to get accepted) or from now?
    Thankyou all in advance, much appreciated.

    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    1) a). You can explain why you want to move elsewhere in your PS - do NOT moan or complain about your current university or course in your PS.
    2) should be fine - let them know as soon as you're sure you're moving
    3) Usually this would be June/July depending on when your offer is made unconditional by your new university and you're 100% sure you're moving.
    • Thread Starter

    Thankyou, friend!
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.