I'm currently doing a year 1 undergraduate course at university and throughout this whole year i'm disappointed to say that I have learned almost nothing. Complete lack of content in my lectures, really unfortunate. Regardless to say I'm planning to move to a different university next year. I have a few questions in regards to my application: (I know I'm late, but complications..)
Thankyou all in advance, much appreciated.1) Where should I write that i'm currently attending university:
a) In the education section of UCAS (Not a registered center, I get the impression it's just for college and school)
b) Should I mention it in the personal statement? Also should I mention as to why I felt inadequately taught? (Not to undermine the university but in relevance to my learning aspirations.)
2) Just to confirm: I'm using student finance to pay for my tuition as an EU student. They shouldn't have any problem with me transferring right? I'm only going to complete this first year of mine and then move.
3) When should I notify student finance that I plan to move. After I get accepted and make my decision (As a backup for the unfortunate case that I don't manage to get accepted) or from now?
Transferring to another Uni watch
- Thread Starter
Last edited by Bad-audio; 24-03-2013 at 22:38.
- 24-03-2013 22:36
Offline21ReputationRep:Very Important PosterPS Reviewer
- Very Important Poster
- PS Reviewer
- 25-03-2013 16:51
1) a). You can explain why you want to move elsewhere in your PS - do NOT moan or complain about your current university or course in your PS.
2) should be fine - let them know as soon as you're sure you're moving
3) Usually this would be June/July depending on when your offer is made unconditional by your new university and you're 100% sure you're moving.
- Thread Starter
- 25-03-2013 23:54