Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I have applied to five Uni's and have narrowed them down and have my final two, Northampton and Nottingham Trent. I am debating which one to put as my firm, according to The Guardian Northampton is better but through word of mouth I have heard that Nottingham Trent is better. What are your opinions?

ReputationRep:
    I think it wholly depends on what you personally value at university. Check out both unis and weight up the variables- cost, accomodation, student life, course & all the details. If one uni ticks more boxes then go for that one. I've constantly been told this past year that it doesn't particularly matter on league tables because they change every year anyway, what matters is what you make of your time at uni. That's what employers like. Did you get involved in placements on your course or study abroad or did you join a wide range of societies? That sort of thing. At the end of the day,you're studying a subject you love for three years. Go to the place that you love, not on which is best in the league table hope it helped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ajax9994)
    I have applied to five Uni's and have narrowed them down and have my final two, Northampton and Nottingham Trent. I am debating which one to put as my firm, according to The Guardian Northampton is better but through word of mouth I have heard that Nottingham Trent is better. What are your opinions?
    Nottingham Trent is almost certainly considered the better university, but at the end of the day that won't make your degree. What will is if you enjoy the course and are in an environment you like (in terms of facilities, location e.c.t). So consider both factors

ReputationRep:
    Read the course descriptions, including the detailed descriptions of the individual units/modules for each of the three years of the course, very carefully. Which one do you prefer? Which one will hold your interest for three years?

Both the Unis you have named are 'good' Unis - so dont get hung up on the nitty-gritty of the supposed prestige or ranking of each Uni. Choose the course you will enjoy the most.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ajax9994)
    Nottingham Trent is much better! Also, I live near N-town and it's not a nice place at all. Really wouldn't go there. You'll have a lot more fun and a better time at Trent.

ReputationRep:
    I live in northampton and it's a dump compared to nottingham. Obviously I'd check them both out on open days and such, but outwardly northampton is awful compared to trent

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.