The Student Room Group

quick question re entry requirements

i got an email today to say that one of my choices has changed the requirements after making me an offer. what causes this, is it just because the course is unpopular or something?
Reply 1
Original post by bluester
i got an email today to say that one of my choices has changed the requirements after making me an offer. what causes this, is it just because the course is unpopular or something?

Well it first depends on whether the requirements went up or down and whether it actually effects your offer.
Reply 2
Original post by hunter786
Well it first depends on whether the requirements went up or down and whether it actually effects your offer.

my offer went from 300points to 280points. its not a choice im going with anyway, im jsut curious as to why they would do this
Reply 3
Original post by bluester
my offer went from 300points to 280points. its not a choice im going with anyway, im jsut curious as to why they would do this

Perhaps it may not enough people actually applied this year. And not everyone meet the requirements so in order to fill almost all their places they lowered the offer so more people will meet it. Or perhaps it will encourage more people to select it as their firm or insurance. If they didn't lower it, it may mean that they will need to fill a lot of places during clearing and may end up accepting students who have 240 ucas points.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending