Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    Hey guys i just wanted to know other people's opinions on this situation.

    All my life I've lived in houses where I have had no neighbours above or below me. A year and a half ago i moved house and I now live on the 3rd floor in an appartment (there is 4 floors in total). There is a family that live above me with at least 7 children under the age of 18.

    Almost every morning they are up around 6ish which wakes me up. I am a very light sleeper so i get woken up easily, but they are literally running and jumping from very early on which disrupts my sleeping. They also run around during the day and stomp during the night, sometimes until past 12.

    I live with my mum and we are both becoming increasingly annoyed. We have written them letters asking them to quieten down a bit and one evening my mum had to ask them to be quiet as it was so unbearable. The lady denied it was her making the noise although she is right above us, and reported my mum for harassment, then denied again that it was her. I feel like it is affecting my grades. It is so hard to revise during the day, and I don't get a lie in anymore. I am living off their time table and my work is suffering.

    We have tried to get help with this situation but all they have done is told is to keep a diary. They are not taking the situation seriously and I don't think they know how much it is affecting me. Last year in my as levels I got AAB and I took jan exams recently and I gt BCD which is very unlike me, and during that period they were noisier than ever.

    I really don't know what to do or how to solve this. They aren't going to stop and we have been told that we are not allowed anywhere this lady, we have to call up the people who are dealing with it first. I'm afraid that it will get to June and it will still be a problem and my grades are going to be affected. I dontknow why I should have to change my lifestyle eg go to the library for them. I already have to wear ear plugs to bed. What do you recommend I do?

    This is posted in the wrong place.

    Do you rent the flat? Can you phone up the landlord and tell him your problems?

    See if you can get some of the sound on video as proof.

    There's a department called Environmental in every council and this is their job to deal with such issues. Get their no. And get talking to them. You will have the choice to stay anonymous to your neighbours.
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

    Sponsored features:

    Making money from your own website

    Need some cash?

    How to make money running your own website.

    Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

    Handle your digital footprint

    What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Write a reply...
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.