Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well I didn't want to do one of these for ages but I thought I'd try it out. I'm not sure exactly how ot do it, I'm guessing I write out my gym routine and then chronicle it whilst also stating my weight.

Just for some backstory, I started back at the gym about two years ago. I was 113kgs which is about 17 and a half stone or 249lbs.
    I was then taken under the wing of a personal trainer and in the first two weeks I had trouble adjusting so I shot up to 116kgs/255lbs. Since then I have been on a routine diet, I've cut down on everything including how much I drink (in fact I barely drink at all now.) I use a meal replacement shake called Nutrimeal.

At first losing the weight was pretty easy because it was just puppy fat, flab. Then slowly I started to get down to the harder stuff which I found harder to get rid of. In the last five months I hit a plateu which I have found difficult to beat. However right now I am actually starting to lose weight now that I have almost completely cut down on alcohol whereas before I was still drinking at weekends.

I go to a personal trainer once a week and every two weeks he takes my weight, BMI, Fat amount and he measures my waist and hips. The last time I was weighed by him I was 97.3kgs which is 214.5lbs or 15.3 stone.
    I last went to the gym this morning and when I weighed myself I was dead on 97kgs which is 15.27 stone or 213.8lbs. So basically I have lost around 3 stone since I started. Also my Body fat and my BMI are close to resembling something normal for someone my age (late 20's.)

To avoid a wall of text I'll describe my work out in another post.

One last thing I will say is that my main problem is discipline with my diet. Sometimes I get hungry and I find it hard to resist one little sweet thing like a chocolate or something which then leads off to other things. I used to work out a lot when I was in college and I also used to drink a lot and eat a lof ot **** but I still stayed around 14 stone and I could still run 6 miles and do 60 push ups easy etc etc. Now I find even the slightest bit of bad food effects my weight. Maybe it's because I'm 7 years older now or maybe it's because I'm coming down from such a large weight, or maybe it's both.
    The meal replacement stuff helps with keeping a lid on my diet but I still find it difficult. That is definately my biggesat downfall.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.